Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving my XP backed up web pages

www.penciltrails.com

I don't know if you can help with this one. My computer crashed and I lost everything not backed up on my external hard drives. I had to buy a new computer but it came with windows Vista. My crashed computer had windows XP media edition on it.

Here is the problem........I had backed up all my webpages to my external hard drive under the windows XP system. But I lost my BlueVoda program and had to download another to my new computer. Now my backed up webpages will not open in the new downloaded program. I can move the backed up files to the new image folder for BlueVoda but only the text will open. All the images show with a red X on them and I get a bluevoda error message saying they are not compliant or supported.

Am I going to have to rebuild my website from scratch or is there an easy fix for this problem? I kind of assume the reason for the problem is due to Vista and XP having different image viewers on them.........as I am also having trouble opening my other images with vista.

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Retrieving my XP backed up web pages

Sorry I can't help you, but I hope you get an answer to this one soon. I installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 and it crashed my computer. I just got everything back up with the PC Recovery Tool but have lost every file.

Oh dear...hybridizer

Comment

Did you back up all the images that were associated with your web pages, or did you have them somewhere different other than images file in the bluevoda folder? if you had them on your old PC and not on the the blue voda images file when you backed up your web pages then I'm afraid those images will be lost.

You could try downloading your images off the vodahost servers to your new PC via file manager in C Panel.

hope this helps
      Buy and Sell Antiques, Collectables & fine art
      Cheaper than feebay!
      visit:www.greatbritishantiques.com

Buy Wind spinners online
      They make the perfect gift
      visit:www.spin-city.co.uk

Comment

I'm poking around in my file manager now. I hope I can find all of them. What an aggravation as I just finished 3 new pages and hadn't yet published them. They are GONE...poof!

Be very cautious with this Service Pack 3 download everyone. My computer crashed as soon as I rebooted.

Comment

Its probably a path issue. You will probably have to go through image by image and reinsert each so it will update your BV files with the new location of the images on your computer.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

If BV will open the pages and the only problem is the images then all is not lost. Asuming your web pages were published, you can simply download the images via blueftp.

Failing that, add your old internal hard drive to your new pc as a secondary drive and then navigate through the folders to your images - assuming of course that it wasn't your hard drive that went belly up in the first place.

Comment

Working...
            X