Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link not going to specified page

Hello,

I have a challenge with pages going where I went last, as much as I can figure. Not the web page specified. I cannot prove this as it does not happen every time and just seems to happen on certain buttons (more details below). I am having button issues - I just posted another issue with buttons renaming themselves to the current page.

so more of this issue:
    1. I just upgrade to the new client ..fyi
    2. I had never published until the new version of the client (would not let me)
    2. website is flagmeusa.com
    3. path to issue. home> buy_now_top.html (go shopping)> pillows.html (designer pillows).
    4. I thought it was a cache problem..as described by an emial sent me - potential problem from bluevoda that says to add the following code:
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" Content="no-cache">

issue. it takes me to buckets.html and should goto pillows.html
    link is correct. verified and published.
    I went to buckets.html (Awning buckets) first

Help. my buttons seem to have a mind of their own.
    Thank You for ANY help
    Cheri Williams- owner- Flagme

Re: link not going to specified page

When I click on Go Shopping from your Home page - then click on Designer Pillows from there, I go to your Pillows page.
    And Buckets takes me to Buckets.
    Looks okay to me.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Links work OK for me. The electronic size of the photos are HUGE. They are 50-100X larger than they need to be. This will take forever to load for many. Prospective customers WILL NOT wait until those photos load.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Hi, ditto with above on the large images. Links seemed to work for me to?
        On the <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" Content="no-cache"> code. I personally would avoid this unless your site will be updated on an hourly basis. This is really for news site & one that have changes several times a day. If your having pages with images it may get visitors leaving if the page is slow on each visit.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

since I am new to this world..please recommend on the images. I know they are slow..but not sure what to do about it. especially my header picture...which I want to be that size...but it IS too slow.

any help would be much appreciated
          flagme

Comment

Hi, your header images is not to bad at 72kb. On some pages its the accumulation of many images that is slowing things down. IE: http://flagmeusa.com/Photo_Gallery_Flags.html page is very slow because of the light box image sizes.
            Have a look through the Photo Tips link below for some ideas.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X