Clicking Text Shuts Down BlueVoda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking Text Shuts Down BlueVoda

Just downloaded the web site builder and each time I click on Text to begin to add some, the program shuts down. This is the message I get:

BLUEVODA caused an invalid page fault in
    module RICHED20.DLL at 017f:48010bac.

The same happens with trying to insert Tables:

module RICHED20.DLL at 017f:48010bac.

Seems to be the same cause in both cases. How can this be rectified?

Re: Clicking Text Shuts Down BlueVoda

reboot your computer

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I did. I still get the same problem.

Comment

Have you tried a fresh download of BV? What version of Windows are you running?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

That's exactly what I did. Uninstalled the original download, cleaned out the leftover folder and also the registry of what items remained in it, downloaded another copy of BV, this time reinstalled it without any running programs [did it with bare minimum running programs before], rebooted, and again the same thing. It just shuts down whenever I click on the toolbar's Text button, as well as the one under the Insert tab. Something to do with riched20.dll fault, just like I noted in my first post. I'm on Windows 98SE.

Comment

The problem isn't with BV, it's with your machine. Pay careful attention, you may have a virus. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;309427
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Nope, there's no virus. I've always got Norton running and there's nothing in quarantine, but just to make sure, I downloaded the Nimda fix from Symantec since the link you provided mentioned to make sure Nimda wasn't present. My computer came through clean. The complete message I keep getting, after clicking Details in the alert box that pops up, just before BV shuts down is:

module RICHED20.DLL at 017f:480205db.
              Registers:
              EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=480205db EFLGS=00010206
              EBX=0078f60c SS=0187 ESP=0078f514 EBP=0078f5c8
              ECX=00000006 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=464f
              EDX=0078f530 ES=0187 EDI=0078f564 GS=5c1e
              Bytes at CS:EIP:
              f3 a5 33 c0 5f 66 89 42 46 5e 89 42 34 89 42 3c
              Stack dump:
              00000000 480383e8 4800e4ca 00000000 00000000 005685d0 00000000 480389e0 00567974 00567a00 00000000 00000000 00000000 00567974 00000000 00000000

I've even replaced the riched20.dll and the problem still persists. Beats me as to what the conflict could be as all my other programs are working just fine.

Another thing. I can't even change BV's font or font size, the windows for both remain locked at Arial 10. I can't get the drop down menu for additional fonts or sizes by clicking on the little down arrow, nothing happens. So the problem, as far as I can see, includes the frozen font/font size windows and the text and table buttons, the latter two of which shut down BV upon clicking on either one. Connect those with riched.dll and what could it all possibly add up to?

Comment

Well, you've done your homework and that's a good thing. Just check back now and again, someone will come along who can help you with this. ***** and the rest of the people here are all great and will do whatever they can to help. Good luck.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

It looks like you're not using an up-to-date Windows system or another program has corrupted your system DLLs. I
                  Here's what you can try:
                  1. Go to the microsoft download site and install this patch:
                  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q259403
                  2. Search on Google for richupd.exe (another Microsoft update) and install this patch too. For example: http://www.disabilities-r-us.com/software/richupd.exe
                  Note that these are all standard components of your Windows installation, so unless you are using a very old version you do not need to install these updates.
                  3. Reinstalling your Windows might also fix some problems.

Pablo
                  Forum Moderator
                  BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Bingo! That did the trick. Downloaded the Visual C++ 6 from the Microsoft site, and while it may've update something in my computer, that's not what fixed the problem. So I then downloaded the richupd.exe file and, gentlemen, we have lift-off now.

I like what I've been able to do so far with BV without the text, and the interface looks great - nice, clean, lean and sleek. Now that I've got font, font size, text and tables functioning, let's see what I can really do now with BV. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X