sitemap only finds index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitemap only finds index page

I have just about finnished my site. and decided to run the sitemap function in Bluevoda. However when I clicked on the start crawler button, it only found my index page and email adress link. I have both navbar and text bars on the site so expected it to pick up all the pages. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.
    www.kalkandelights.co.uk

Re: sitemap only finds index page

In BV goto "Tools" and select "verify links"
    if it says validated link then the page is in you public_html and the hyperlinks are OK.

If it says Url Not Found then it is either your hyperlink url address is faulty or you forgot to publish the page or you published the page to a wrong folder.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

All the links are working correctly, so I don't think this is the problem.
      www.kalkandelights.co.uk

Comment

Hi Angus,
        I had same problem the other day and quickly discovered that it does not include the page names starting with a Capital letter. Change to small caps, republish and run the sitemap function again. Remember to redo your links as well.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom.

I've just checked this by changing one of my page titles and the sitemap picked it up. The downside is that all my pages start with a capital letter and i'm going to have to change them all, including my navbars and links. A major pain but at least I now know what the probelm was.

Nick
          www.kalkandelights.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X