X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• centering image on page

Hello,

I have a couple of webpages where the images at the top of the page:
    http://www.livitapparel.com/ and http://www.livitapparel.com/shipping.html just will not center on the page no matter what I try. Can you please give some suggestions?

The images are gif - paypay logo (paypal3.gif) and the livit apparel logo (livit_apparel_logo_xpt3.gif).

I have tried -
    1) page properties - "center on page"
    2) Layout - center horizontal

Are there any other things which I can tried.

Thanks,
    -Rita
    EcoFriendlyOrganicBabyClothing.com

Re: centering image on page

Is the image "Locked" ?
    In not just click & drag the image to the center
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

If you got the newest version of bv my suggestion is why not use the ruler guides or you can do what I have done in the past click on the tex icon strecth out till its your sise of the page the middle handle will show tex center mark that point with and I put the center of image there then remove the tex now your image is centered.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
        Is the image "Locked" ?
        In not just click & drag the image to the center

The image is not locked. When I look at it in Voda before publishing, it looks okay. If you go to the site and move the window side back and forth to stretch the window to change the width. You will see that the top images are staying in place of what looks like it is "left justified" on those 2 pages. All other pages are fine.

-Rita

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
          If you got the newest version of bv my suggestion is why not use the ruler guides or you can do what I have done in the past click on the tex icon strecth out till its your sise of the page the middle handle will show tex center mark that point with and I put the center of image there then remove the tex now your image is centered.
          I am not sure if the problem is centering in the Voda Builder, is it???? It looks fine until I publish it. When I publish it, the images are sticking to the left side of the website and not moving with the rest of the page when I widen and shorted the page width by dragging the window left and right.

I tried, unchecking the center on page in page properties, saving , then publishing to see if this would help. Then after publishing, I checked center of page, saved, the republished. Still no luck.

-Rita

Comment

I still need help with this. The gif images are still moving no matter where I place them. I also put a jpeg on the page to prove to myself that it was not the type of image, it moves too.

I put in a helpdesk ticket and they said this is a design issue and all design issues are handled in our community support forum.

Can someone please help???

-Rita

Comment

Hi Rita ..

the best I think I can figure is there must be some hidden element on the page or some scripting somewhere causing this ..

Can you remove those few things, paypal, view cart and free find search .. and then publish the page and see if it centers, and then one by one reintroduce those things to see if that is where the problem occurs ..

At times, there can be something underneath of some of your work that landed there accidentally and can throw things off .. ??

If this might be the case, you might be better starting with a fresh page .. introduce everything and continue to check as you go ..

I know, work .. but you will get to the bottom of this ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, you need to publish the faulty page so we can see what the problem is, & an explanation of what is not correct on the page.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                  Hi, you need to publish the faulty page so we can see what the problem is, & an explanation of what is not correct on the page.

Hi Chris .. the very first post says where and what and who and you know what .. lol ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                    Can you remove those few things, paypal, view cart and free find search .. and then publish the page and see if it centers, and then one by one reintroduce those things to see if that is where the problem occurs ..
                    Thanks, LadyEye... I started off with a fresh new page. I now have my logo centered, but the others are not. I thought maybe it was the order in which I saved, so I cloned a page that worked right and put everything on the page and then published. It did not quite work, but as mentioned my logo is centered (yeah!).

I am now in the process of adding things in one at a time to see what will happen to the graphics. Thanks for that suggestion.

My left nav bar is now having a problem loading fully. Seems it took a little time progation to the server?? Not sure, but it is loaded. I also went into the properties and reselected the graphics for the buttons.

-Rita
                    Last edited by ritarobi_cwo; 06-23-2008, 01:31 PM. Reason: nav bar and quote

Comment

Hi ... are you starting your pages at the top and far left of your blue voda page .. ?? The free find is still to the left .. so try building top and far left .. choose '800 width on your page properties and see if that helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Rita..

Are you building to the far left and then using page properties to center the page? It appears you ve got that script way off to the left. Its left handles must be even with the left of your page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

LadyEye/Karen;

I think I am building to the top and far left. I will moved the "find" , the "paypal logo" and the "view cart" log in some, but there is no change. I can live with that for now.

My main concern was, I really did not want the "livit apparel" logo to move around.

-Rita
                          Last edited by ritarobi_cwo; 06-23-2008, 04:43 PM. Reason: graphics update

Comment

I found somewhat of a solution for this page at for the home page http://www.livitapparel.com/ . I copied the (paypal3.gif) image to the image folder under bluevoda and it started centering on the page. That does not explain some other images, they still have a problem. However, I am going to see what does works for the other images on the page.

I put the text with other other text that was centering as it should. I will play around with this more on the other pages and another image and for the find box to see if it works.

Also, I can just make the pages not center and keep them left bound. That gets rid of the problem all together.

Thanks,
                            -Rita
                            Last edited by ritarobi_cwo; 07-30-2008, 01:08 AM. Reason: updating

Comment

Okay, I think I figured it out. My h1 tag had an html /div in it. I removed it and reset all the images and everything is working okay now.

Thanks,
                              -Rita

Comment

Working...
                              X