Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BV 10 upgrade problems - should I switch back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV 10 upgrade problems - should I switch back?

I've upgraded to BV 10, but now I have several font and symbol issues. In BV, the "TM" symbol and bullet symbol I used in Arial have now been replaced in all my BV pages with a small square box. If I click on the text box to edit the text, the small box changes to a question mark when I exit the box to click on another element on the page.

The Arial font no longer contains the "TM" symbol or the bullet I was using, and if I select another font such as Symbol, then I get accented vowels even though I had picked either the "TM" or bullet.

Is this a problem with character sets on my PC or a BV problem? Should I revert back to BV 9?

Thanks,

Adrian
    Adrian
    A-B Technology Group

Re: BV 10 upgrade problems - should I switch back?

Hi Adrian

I’m having absolutely the same problem and I’m getting that ? mark when I edit the text so I have changed it back manually Its take me only 2 min. but at least you can fix that easy of course if you have many pages to edit you may have to sped a bit more time but I had only changed 1 page so it wasn’t to bad.

The thing is ones you have the new version of BV10 and save your pages you are not able to open them in BV9 but if anyone else who has the same problem using BV10 has been found a way to get rid of this it will be nice to share with us
    Overseas Investment Property
    SPA Resort Cyprus Larnaca
    Interior Painting Ideas and Painting Tips

Comment

Re: BV 10 upgrade problems - should I switch back?

Try setting in Page Properties the Character set to UTF 8 and back to ISO-8859-1

See if one of the two selections solves the problem.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X