unexpected file format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unexpected file format

Lat week I posted this problem..........

"Last week the hard drive on my computer went bad and had to be replaced. When I got it back I had to redownload BlueVoda website builder. I have version 8.0.1 now. Previously I had 8.0.
    I had a backup of 8.0 and I tried to reinstall that version, but it keeps asking me to insert a disk. I don't have a disk for the website builder. It was a download way back when I first joined.
    I now tried to open the index page using version 8.0.1 to do some revision to it and I get a message that says "unexpected file format" and the page will not open. All of my pages say that when I try to go open them in the BlueVoda website builder 8.0.1.
    Do you know what has happened or what I need to do to fix the problem?
    Thanks."
    I got a response from jkadin that said "I would download the newest version of blue voda, then go to cpanel and go to backups and download your pages from there to your computer tis way you should have no problem accessing your files."
    I do have the latest version of BlueVoda website builder (8.0.1) and I did go to cpanel, made a full backup, and got the email message saying that it was complete.

Now my question is..................how do I use it to restore my website? It says it is a Winzip file, but Winzip will not open it.
    I'm sorry for asking so many probably dumb questions..........but this is just way over my head I guess.

I have a website on the web that I can't get to to make changes and I don't know what to do.

Thanks if you can help.

S. Kramer
    www.fmlinedancers.com

Re: unexpected file format

I restarted my computer. Now the backup opened with Winzip. I extracted all the files to a separate folder.

Now the question is:

1. How do I use them to get my Blue Voda website builder to allow me to use them?
    2. I still get "unexpected file format" when I try to open any of my website pages to do revisions.

S. Kramer
    www.fmlinedancers.com

Comment

The newest version is 10.1.2
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

To make it real easy for you to get back in the saddle, try this link to download that last stable version of BV before BV10 came out .... it's good for seven days or 100 downloads, so time to get moving!

BV 9.13 >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/241244-post4.html

And I have had reports that it is a good file, but if you cannot use Winzip, it is going to be a problem. Try removing your old trial copy, and re-installing a new trial copy of Winzip altogether.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Just a thought for you, although I have seen this work .. whereever your blue voda pages are, email one to yourself, then save it by another file name in your MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA - then open your blue voda web builder and then try and open the page .. this may work for you ..

If not, you can import your website within blue voda ..

Go to:

file
          new page from exisiting html page
          tick remote on the internet
          then import

there are a few adjustments required for each page you import this way, but this may be your quickest way .. you cannot import .bvp files from your file manager .. so unless you get your own files open as discussed above, you will need to import ...

I recommend using BV10 as it is the latest builder and will carry any updates you need ...

Once you create new pages with BV10 you will not be able to modify them with the older web builders ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X