Protected Website address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protected Website address

If I purchase another url, set it up on my server as my other sites are, can I have it password protected as soon as any one types the address into their browser. for example, if I were to type 'www.fun.ca' into a browser all I might or would see is a sign in page, no other content at all, not the index page.
    I assume I could change the passwords to this site as I need to.

What I plan on doing is sending the passwords to our customers so they could see the finished videos I make. This would allow relatives of the couple who I just did their wedding video for, to let relatives over seas see the video, but not make it a public site for everyone to see. I have an available url I could use and I want to use that one as it is a very simple url to type in.
    Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Re: Protected Website address

Hi, you might be better off having an index page of customers names or a reference number & when this is clicked on they would go to a personal password protected area. This page could also have some instructions on it.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Would this allow me, after video taping, say 'Sam and Judy's' wedding, editing it into a watchable video and publishing the proper player on a page to this site to give them a url, say 'www.fun.ca/samjudy.html'?
      They would pass along this url and the password to a 2nd cousin in maybe Scotland to go directly to that page and see a sign in screen before they have access to the video?
      Or would I have to give them - 'www.fun.ca' , click on 'Sam & Judy' then enter the page with 'abc123' password when prompted to see the protected video?
      Dave Van De Cappelle
      www.aSimpleLife.ca

Comment

Hi, you would create a new folder for each customer IE: (public_html/sj/) & password protect the "sj" folder, & then publish a page with 'Sam and Judy's' wedding vidio/pictures in the above folder.
        Each customer will have their own folder with their own pass word which you will have created in your cpanel.
        You can then send them a url www.fun.ca/sj/Sam_and_Judy.html Or make a menu up on the sites index page. But as soon as they use the link, they will be asked for name & password.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok. understood
          Dave Van De Cappelle
          www.aSimpleLife.ca

Comment

Working...