This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue FTP

How to post a FTP folder. Does only the main folder have to be zipped or does all sub-folders in main folder have to be zipped also before posting to FTP

Re: Blue FTP

First of all, to me it sounds like you are using Blue FTP instead of the FIle Manager upload tool: Blue FTP is not intended for larger files whatsoever, and even for files under .5mb the "Include Sub-Folders" box must be selected.

The File Manager upload tool (in your cPanel) is more than capable of securely uploading large, zipped, and integrated files and folders, and should be used as your default method to assure the integrity of files across many types of connections. Having the Unzip icon in File Manager is a plus, allowing you to unzip files if needed in the same environment.

If you are uploading large files (zipped or not) to your server/account to be downloaded by customers, it is advised to maintain a file-specific format: one file per download session. This is to best deliver files with the integrity you expect across the many various types of connections customers have at their disposal: usually file integrity problems are due to connection more than anything else.

You should re-think how you intend to "package" your files and process download requests: simply add more links for individual files, even if it means "splitting the costs" across the board for them.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasilli. You're right, I have been trying to load a very large file 7.87 I will go to the cpanel and try loading from there. Do I have to zip the folder? Dave

Comment

T h i n k ?
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X