• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redmond
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

How to add full discription for Items?

I have 3 websites pointed to Voda Host and have built one with Soho which is www.safersecurityproducts.com My login ID for this site to the Soho site builder is xxxxxx. So far so good with this one though it is not complete yet.

I downloaded the Blue voda site builder and have been building my second second site which I setup as a parked domain, named www.carstopedal.com and my Id for this site is xxxxxxand I am having a few problems with this one.

1. When I login to the cpanel I can not open the file manager or most of the other items though I believe I can open the FTP file that I setup.
    Question: have I done something to cause this or is it something I didn't do?
    2. I have built the index page and setup some of my catagories and it is starting to look OK.
    I am using Paypal for the cart and I can set it up to work OK with my Paypal.
    Question: How do I setup an Item where you can click on the item and it will take you to a new page where you can see a larger picture and a full discription of the item and then make the purchase or return to the to the first page? Do I have to build a second page each item?

I know in Soho I set that up in the cart which is also using Paypal but I haven't seen a way to do that with the Voda builder and as I understand it you can only build one site with Soho which means I can't do a second site without using Voda.

I have searched through the forum and haven't found anything that would help me with this so I started a new thread, Hope that is OK.

Roy Redmond
    http://safersecurityproducts.com this site is live

http://carstopedal.com This site has not yet been published
    Redmond
    http://www.safersecurityproducts.com
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: How to add full discription for Items?

Ok.. I moved this and maybe i shouldnt have.. however...

Theres usually TWO file managers in the newer accounts in cpanel. Open the other one and use that. For some reason, one of them gives people scripting issues.

Secondly.. I dont know what you are trying to do with file manager? Upload your site? Dont do that if you are using BV. USE BV to publish

Thirdly.. you need to create the NEW domain as an addon domain in cpanel. This will give you the FOLDERS you need to publish your bv files to.

In BV you go to FILE, PUBLISH, and then you change the path there after putting in your user name and password.. to:

public_html/carstopedal or public_html/carstopedal.com whichever your cpanel has created for you.

Please see the tutorials for addon domains and BV itself.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X