Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Hi everyone

I just download the firefox browser because it seams there is a big problem with IE right now. A new security flaw allows hackers access to the passwords in your computer. For more info have a look here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.stm . Using the firefox browser I have a really big problem when I see my web sites some images and text are different. I mean they change their location and the text is going behind the images, buttons are up on the top of the text. Why is that happening? What is the problem? I thing if it comes ok using IE should be the same using and other browsers
    Any help I’ll appreciate

Cheers
    Overseas Investment Property
    SPA Resort Cyprus Larnaca
    Interior Painting Ideas and Painting Tips

Re: Need Help

Hi which site are you talking about??
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi I’m talking about all 3 of them but mainly of www.goldenchoiceproperties.com . It is very important to me and it has almost 300 pages. You can see on the home page the h1 tag on the top Overseas Investment Property is going over the text, some text on the left under latest news is the same. My pages in Spain to, especially the development description you can’t see the text – it is under that big image for exp. here: http://www.goldenchoiceproperties.co...otoserena.html . I don’t know is it only in my computer like this. Also I’ve got a cell under that big image in sotoserena which is suppose to have a black line border and in firefox is different. I hope you can give me some advice

Thanks

Comment

I just notice looking at my post in my signature all the link text to my web sites got underline and it goes over the text to. Is it really like this or only I can see it?

Comment

I'm afraid this is like many web builders in that the sites should be tested in all browsers. I tend to build my sites in FF as the is less jiggling about to do with getting it right with other browsers.

I noticed with the http://www.goldenchoiceproperties.com/ site you have been building the site from the center of your screen. In BV you build from the left & use the page properties to center the pages. Its created a site with a lot of side scroll.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

So how I’m supposed to fix that problem Chris? I try to change it but then it comes deferent using IE. Yes I know that its in the center but I try from the left and when I want to see some property images using light box the black background goes only to the centre of my screen and it was not nice that’s why I’ve done it like this. Is it any other way to do it right

Comment

This is not a great deal of help I am afraid but may just assure you of your skills in writing the web site.

I have discovered that IE reads the control differently to FF and ither browsers mainly it seems in the centering of some items (or rather the non centering of them), also text is often of a different size. This is not in VB, as I am not yet using it, but in PHPBB. However I have concluded that it is a browser problem.

Other users get the same results depending on which browser they use regardless of what you have done.

Comment

Fixing the problem is a case of trying to find a happy medium for the major browsers & spacing accordingly.

With building a site from the center of the page on your screen will create lots of problems with with different browsers & especially with what resolution visitors have their monitors set at.
                The light box will usually only get upset it the page is set to one size & elements on the page are larger, throwing out page digressions. IE: The top image on your page is at 1259px wide & you should be looking around the 800-1000 mark.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X