• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lancecarr
    Sergeant First Class

• Apr 2008

Strange Firefox behaviour

Two of my sites, www.myeasydata.com and www.my-photography-tips.com have suddenly begun to do something strange in Firefox. For IE7 they are fine.
    When I try to navigate to either site by either typing in the URL or clicking on them in my Bookmarks, Firefox instantly opens the "Download" dialogue box for a second, downloads something from somewhere (to fast to see) then displays the page wihthout any images from the original page.

The address shown in the address bar looks something like this each time but the section I have bolded changes. If I refresh then Firefox downloads and creates another one of these files in its temp folder.

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LANCEC~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/fwU2CJsi.html.part.html

I have cleared the history, the cache, any cookies...oh so many times! I have uninstalled and re-installed. My other site was doing this too but I fixed a little code glitch of an added ">" that was displaying and now behaves correctly. This glitch is not in the problem sites.

Here is the weird part...if not weird enough so far! If I disconnect from the internet the EXACT same behaviour occurs. Enter the site address, download box opens showing something downloading, strange image free temp file of the site page created and displayed.

Anyone have any idea what this is?
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair
  • SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

Re: Strange Firefox behaviour

I just love your blog about Taiwan....I have been there many times .Really understand about the sweat >>ha Ha Also how they move there motor bikes like a school of fish in traffic..Smog...
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• lancecarr
      Sergeant First Class

• Apr 2008

Hi Sharon,
      Thanks for the kind words even if no solution!
      DVD Disc Repair

Comment

• lancecarr
        Sergeant First Class

• Apr 2008

Just an additional note to this problem. The only pages that are affected are the index.html pages of both sites. All other pages are fine.
        DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Working...
        X