errr help ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• errr help ?????

hi watched the vid tutorials but still need help how do i create a menu and enter ie from the home page onto an about us page for example as at the moment i seem to be able to do page 1,page 2 etc and view them individually but not as a website should be can anyone help me put them together??

Re: errr help ?????

In the builder you can tell the links where they are supposed to go but until you actually publish the pages your links will not work. Having cleared that up when you add the menu double left click it, a properties box will open, change the names for the buttons (or text) add the link (www. yoursitename.com/pagename.html) and in the target area if you want it to open in the same window as the first page just leave it empty. There your pages are linked (once you publish them.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you v much for your help much appreciated

Comment

Hi,

First and foremost the first page you publish will always be your "home page". This home page must be named "index" and nothing else.

On the index page you create what is called a hyperlink to connect to
        every other page on your website.

If you want the visitor to return to your index page, then on every other
        page must have a hyperlink back to the home page.

To do this, use the menu tool [navigation tool] on the bottom left toolbar.

To test the links, you have to publish your index and the other pages before you can test the navigation from one page to the other.

In preview mode in IE when you point your cursor on the link, it will change into the **** of a hand. This means that your link is active.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

hi when you say your page must be named index how and where is this inputted as i'm totally new to this ??

Comment

Click file, save page as , index nothing more nothing less. This is how you name (save) all your pages ( different names for the pther pages of course).
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

cheers d'son do I have to hyperlink my pages b4 I publish or will they sort it when published ??

Comment

Everything has to be done before you publish for it to work.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                X