Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for desiging website

I NEED HELP FOR DESIGING WEBSITE.
    I want to make a website on which there will be categories (ebooks, music etc) and when users will click on one of the category there will be links of the websites containing these things (ebooks etc). So is it illegal to put links of other websites in our website. My friend says its illegal but I thinks it's not.
    SO PLZ TELL ME????????

Re: Need for desiging website

It becomes illegal when you do not have permission to link your website to theirs.

The 1st principal of a website is to hold and retain the surfer from going to other websites.

You instead would like visitors to your website to be directed to other website by providing the links?????????????????? Why is that?

What your website will become is a transit site!
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

You made 2 very good points zuriatman,
      but it is not Illegal to to link to any other site without permission.

Links are the lifeblood of the internet and are highly sought after by most webmasters.

However, there are occassions when you do not want certain kind of links............!!!!!!!..............so you may have to take steps to get rid of them.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I would only make sure that you link sites that are relevent to the content of your site, another words a useful addition for your visitors browsing experience.

Solely linking to another site does not improve your ranking with google but it does for the site you are linking to.

I am not sure about the permission thing but if other websites want to link to my websites, I certainly won't mind because it would mean my site is getting a leg up.

Zuriatman is right, you don't want to be a just a transit site. just make sure you have enough content of your own to keep your visitors on your site, unless by having them click away to make money like Google adsense, affilaiates, advertisers then thats a little bit different.

All the best

Darren
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
        X