forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forms

when you make a form and use a "send" or "submit" button at the end, were does the information people enter in the form link to when they click the button, "submit" or "send" and how do we retrieve the information

Re: forms

Please read the forms tutorials. You will see that the info is Emailed to your own email address. Which answers all your questions.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
      Please read the forms tutorials. You will see that the info is Emailed to your own email address. Which answers all your questions.
      which e-mail address was it sent to?

Comment

Here are the three tutorials Navaldesign mentioned (scroll down):

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
          Here are the three tutorials Navaldesign mentioned (scroll down):

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm
          thanks, have figured it out but there is one problem, how do i link the sucess and error pages? also while we are still at it, how do i optimize my website so that i can google it.
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by obianuju View Post
            thanks, have figured it out but there is one problem, how do i link the sucess and error pages? also while we are still at it, how do i optimize my website so that i can google it.
            thanks
            please anybody! how do i create an error and success page for forms and how do i link the pages to the forms. i have created the form successfully, i get the contents of the forms delivered to my e-mail address upon clicking the 'send' button BUT i still want the website users to see if their form application was successful or not. Help.

Comment

Depending on the method that you are using for the forms, the pages may already be made for you. If you are using the form wizard you will have to follow the directions below.
              Make a page named " success " (no quotes) to indicate to your user..
              "Hey you were successful in sending your info" or something like that.
              Make sure you include your navigation menu on the page.
              Publish it.......done there
              Same for " error "
              Tell the user to return to the form and correct errors.
              No additional linking need as that is built into the form.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                Depending on the method that you are using for the forms, the pages may already be made for you. If you are using the form wizard you will have to follow the directions below.
                Make a page named " success " (no quotes) to indicate to your user..
                "Hey you were successful in sending your info" or something like that.
                Make sure you include your navigation menu on the page.
                Publish it.......done there
                Same for " error "
                Tell the user to return to the form and correct errors.
                No additional linking need as that is built into the form.
                Thanks, that is sorted. Now where do i link the "sign in" and "search" buttons?

Comment

Sign in to where?
                  Search what?
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                    Sign in to where?
                    Search what?
                    Really sorry for that, just a quick update. I have built a recruitment agency website and just rounding up the linking of the buttons. i was able to link all the other buttons successfully, ofcourse with the help of the adviser in the forum. Now i want to link the button where users will be able to sign in with their username and password to view and apply for the jobs i.e take example of this forum, i had to sign in a username and password to be able to join the forum. That is the "sign in" button that i am referring to. Where should i link it to? and how do i retrieve information from there?Also i will like to link a "quick search" button for job vacancies. Where do i link that button to?. I hope i am making sense. Thank you.

Comment

Ok your going to have to sit down and rethink your whole site out. if your building your site in bv then this is not going to work without some heavy scripting or program that can handle what you want to do. like the log in this is not a question of one or two pages this can involve in the simplest script 20 to 30 pages ( mainly php based ) plus a database and thats just for the log in.
                      the search again easy one like google and in site not to bad to put in but when you start to do searches by categories then it gets more complicated.
                      all seems easy when you go to a site that has these options but it's like everything else it's what goes on in the backroom that makes the whole thing work.
                      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Alien Dude View Post
                        Ok your going to have to sit down and rethink your whole site out. if your building your site in bv then this is not going to work without some heavy scripting or program that can handle what you want to do. like the log in this is not a question of one or two pages this can involve in the simplest script 20 to 30 pages ( mainly php based ) plus a database and thats just for the log in.
                        the search again easy one like google and in site not to bad to put in but when you start to do searches by categories then it gets more complicated.
                        all seems easy when you go to a site that has these options but it's like everything else it's what goes on in the backroom that makes the whole thing work.
                        I am truely grateful for saving me the headache. I have taken away all those options from the site as the site can fuction fully well without them for now.BUT in your humble opinion, could you please tell me what other features bv may have that will help enhance the functionalities of a recruitment website like mine. There are so many tuitorials and at times it becomes all too voluminous to take in. Please i need your suggestions before i could round things up. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X