• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arcoiris
    Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Copyright issues

Hi all
    My site is www.elegantsteam.com. On the site I publish my own illustrations of steam locomotives. I am looking at the possibility of including short video clips of steam locomotives in action which would be linked to the illustrations. There are many such clips on YouTube. As these have been uploaded for viewing by the general public worldwide and my site is non commercial, are there likely to be copyright problems by adding the clips ?
    I have read on the net that there is something called embedding noted on each video and that if a clip is embedded it infers that the clip can be used by others. Any views would be welcome.

Regards
    Don
    Cadiz
  • flyer13
    Major

• Mar 2009

Re: Copyright issues

Yap that's what I knew too. If a stuff came out of you tube, that's everybody's tube too. You could embed you tube URL so that the clip you desire comes out. For long as no modification is done, I suppose no copyright issues will come out.

Comment

• flyer13
      Major

• Mar 2009

You have a nice site Don. Might also be nice considering the advent of high speed levitating trains in the course of years. That's part of the evolution.

Comment

• arcoiris
        Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Thanks flyer. I think I shall try it. I might also include a small note saying that if a copyright owner objects I shall remove the clip. That might comfort any "it's all mine" egos.

Regards
        Don
        Cadiz

Comment

• flyer13
          Major

• Mar 2009

Yes, that would ease the burden. Or you could place a small text below the borrowed clip thanking for the courtesy of the source, which could make the author think supportive about his piece displayed on your site.

Comment

• arcoiris
            Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Yes, I'm sure that would work. Worth a try.
            Thanks for your time.

Regards
            Don
            Cadiz

Comment

Working...
            X