How do I upload downloadable products to an addon domain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheri
    Private

• Apr 2009

How do I upload downloadable products to an addon domain?

Hi,

I added and published successfully an addon domain but now I don't know how do I use FTP to upload downloadable files to my new domain, so that I have downloadable products there in the new page...

I know how to upload downloadable products to my main domain, but now I noticed that I don't know how do I upload them to my addon domain....

Do I create a new public_html/addondomain -folder somewhere to BlueFTP, or what do I need to do?

I tried to do this in the FTP but no folder came up although I tried to create a new folder like that.

I'm kind of a newbie with these FTP things (I mean I did know how to do it with the main domain, but not anymore with addon domain..), so if somebody could explane to me this step-by-step, I'd be really happy. :)

Hopefully some one can help me, Thanks a lot! :)
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: How do I upload downloadable products to an addon domain?

Very simple.

First open a folder to store the download files in public_html/yourdomainname/download

Zip all the downloadedable files individually anf FTP to your download folder.

Then provide a link to each downloadedable zip file in you sales page or
    test or image or whatever.

Once the download link is selected, the download of the zip fill will be automatically triggered.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Cheri
      Private

• Apr 2009

Thanks for the answer. I went to BlueFTP and did exactly what you told; created a new folder to my addon domain just like you said. It showed up there, then I went to it and copied one file there to test how it works. Then I published the addon domain page and tested the link and the download was there successfully.

BUT my problem is this; Where is that new folder I created to my addon domain. I went to ftp and it's not there anymore. There's only the public_html folder for my main domain but not the new folder for the addon domain. (And of course then bunch of those other folders) Where is it...? I went through each folder that is there in the FTP "home" page, but did not find my new addon domain folder anywhere. Although I successfully added the file there and and it worked fine, so it's there somewhere ... but where..? Strange. There must be something here that I just don't get. ;)

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi,

"my problem is this; Where is that new folder I created to my addon domain. I went to ftp and it's not there anymore. There's only the public_html folder for my main domain but not the new folder for the addon domain. (And of course then bunch of those other folders) Where is it...? I went through each folder that is there in the FTP "home" page, but did not find my new addon domain folder anywhere. Although I successfully added the file there and and it worked fine, so it's there somewhere ... but where..? Strange. There must be something here that I just don't get. ;)"

Your add-on domain will be a folder in your "public_html/" folder.
        Double click the public_html folder icon and U should see the folder.

Everytime you add an Addon Domain a folder of the same name will automatically be created in public_html/, this folder is your "Addon Domain"
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Cheri
          Private

• Apr 2009

Thanks again for your quick answer...! Ok I went to FTP and checked out the public_html folder and no matter how much I search the addon domain folder I created is not there, or at least I don't find it. This is really strange.. There must be just some simple little thing I don't now get with this and thus I don't find it. :( I don't know what to do.. Do I just keep looking for it 'till it pops out from somewhere?

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Cheri,

Login to your cPanel and checkout "File Manager".
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            State of Johor.

Comment

Working...
            X