statistics on number of downloads from my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statistics on number of downloads from my site

I offer several different ebook downloads on my site. Is there a way I can find out how many of each book are being downloaded?

Re: statistics on number of downloads from my site

If you check awstats any hit on each ebook can be considered a download. (although it won't tell you if someone downloaded it more then once). If you want more accurate stats you will have to install a script to record the downloads.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Hi

Maybe you could set up something whereby people have to provide their email address in order to gain the link to download the free e-book? (Am assuming they're free!)

That way, you're also gaining a list of email addresses that you can send periodic emails to in order to give them updates/news etc on your website?
        (of course, give them in an opt in/opt out box for this in case they don't want to receive emails in future)

Just a suggestion and might help you track downloads as well as being a marketing strategy :)

Comment

Thanks for the interest and the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X