• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nedandnellie
    Private

• Aug 2009

Allowing customers to email from website

On my contacts page I have our email address, but I want our customers to click on this address and take them to an email page where they can contact us by email - how do I do this?

Ken
    www.nedandnellie.com.au
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Allowing customers to email from website

A simple text link to your Contact page, yes?

Just be sure you 'deactivate' the auto-formatting of the email link by adding an extra space on either side of the "@" symbol (i.e.: Name @ Domain.com), then highlight the text and link it to your Contact page just like any other text link. This 'deactivating' of the email link by upsetting the format will also help to prevent it from being "scoured" from the site by the bots looking for email addresses to abuse and spam. For a bit more added assurance, you can replace the "@" symbol altogether with words (i.e.: Name<at>Domain.com) since bots specifically look for the "@" symbol and any text surrounding it to be re-compiled later.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• nedandnellie
      Private

• Aug 2009

You mention "auto-formatting of the email link" - what is this and where do I find it?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by nedandnellie View Post
        You mention "auto-formatting of the email link" - what is this and where do I find it?
        I am specifically referring to the FUNCTION and not necessarily a FEATURE.

In many web builders (Dreamweaver, Joomla, Forums, etc.) whenever you type in text with the standard symbols it automatically formats to an active link ... in Blue Voda, you still have to highlight and then hyperlink -- and when linking to email, you must select "mailto:" as the type of link (top left in the Hyperlink dialog box).

Answering so posts has taught me to be both generic and specific at the same time. Just follow the suggestions as explained and you'll be fine!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Consider using a Form instead of the classic email.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X