Back ground picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back ground picture

What is the best size of the background picture for simplest website?
    I chose width 13 inches, height 16 inch and it feels like too big..
    Experts! Please advise!

Thanks!

Re: Back ground picture

you dont measure this by inches, use pixels. the standard, most common size being used now is 1024 x 768. if you right click your desktop and click on setting you will see what your resolution is. no matter though as everyone's computor will be set in a different resolution. what that means is if my resolution is bigger than that your picture or background will not fill my screen without streching. if my resolution is smaller than 1024 then you will see scroll bars on the bottom. why dont you publish the picture you want to use, let us see it and we can help you out.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you!
      tmautoglass.com

I made the header of the web on the background picture (means: header and the background picture is one whole thing.)
      I'm not sure that was the right thing to do!
      How do you guys make templates? Do I build every single item one by one on the bv or do I just have to make the whole thing as one picture?

About the suggestions on pixels were really helpfull! Thank you very much mrmagoo144!
      After all the suggestions i'll fix everything! :)

Comment

As Mr. Magoo mentions above, and you can see what is happening .. you might opt to do things a little differently.

If you do want to use an image as your background, then the best size would be larger than all computer screens .. meaning about 1800 wide x 1400 ish in length .. this is really not recommended .. one reason for this is as Mr. Magoo states above, but another is your page weight should come in at 200 - 300 kbs at the most .. and quite often an image of this size is well above this standard and if it is not, then it is very poor quality .. page weight means page loading times for your viewers .. you want to keep this as low as possible ..

1) Choose a solid color for your background directly from the page properties within blue voda

2) Add your image on top of this, keeping your page width and this image to a max width size of 1000 ish .. (set your margins and do not allow any page elements to go outside of this)

3) Tick center in browser .. this will center your image and fill in the sides with the solid background color - you will not have any page tiling or page scroll doing things this way - begin your page build top left ..

4) You can then apply another layer on top of this for your page content ..

5) All other images, nav bars, can be made and applied directly using the blue voda website builder ..

With Blue Voda, there is really no need to create a template as an image .. everything can be done within the builder itself ..

Good Luck .. hope this helps ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you LadyEye!

I'll try my best and let you know what happens.

Just stumbling in...

I haven't touched my website yet...

i googled and yahood .... my site was nowhere to be found...

How does google and yahoo work?
          what should i do to be located on the search results?

Sorry for the many many questions!
          Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X