X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website formating issues

Dear All

Hope I have posted my message in the correct thread....

I have a small standard computer screen at home and my website fits the screen perfectly, However, when I access my website from a different computer or laptop with a larger screen, I noticed that my website do not reformat itself to cover the whole area and screen size remains in its original format. Can you please help me to resolve this problem as this formatting issued does not look professional….

you can check to see for yourself..

www.retrofrog-germanceramics.co.uk

Thanks - Retrofrog

Re: Website formating issues

Bluevoda is a WYSIWYG builder so if you build a site page 800px wide, that will be the size on any monitor you view it on. It won't be fluid to fill a screen. If you create a colored background in BlueVoda in Page Properties, this background will fill the screens automatically though.

What most people do is centre all the pages. You do this by going into Page Properties and selecting 'centre in browser'. Then the site will be centred in all browsers giving you that professional look.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Great, I'll give it a go....

Comment

So if you go 800px wide what would the height be?

Comment

Originally posted by Judyw View Post
          So if you go 800px wide what would the height be?
          Standard, out-of-the-box monitor resolution settings for universal viewing is 800x600 ... the page height set at 600 pixels is what is referred to "above the fold" and allows everything within this area to be seen virtually the same by every browser, every monitor.

(The "above the fold" refers to the how a newspaper is folded in half, making that which appears to the top to be in the most preferred position, and therefore the page position you will want to have your most important Content placed)

Maximum recommended page width to be compliant with standards is no wider than 982 pixels wide.

Even though many are using larger resolution settings, it will be some time until the SE-acceptable resolution defaults to 1024 pixels wide (even though it is nearly the accepted width in the US), not all systems or devices can properly render wider pages other than 960 or 982 pixels wide, even with the newest capabilities built-in without resorting to enlargement and/or scrolling.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X