Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with positioning, light boxes, drop down menus

Hi there!
    I am experiencing major headaches with positioning elements on my web page www.startwithart.za.net
    When I'm building the page in BlueVoda everything looks fine but then when it's published, elements have moved around (e.g. the stripe I put at the bottom of the page has now positioned itself across the light box).
    The light box itself: in BlueVoda the thumbnails are spaced together tightly and correctly but after publishing, huge vertical gaps appear between the thumbnails.
    The drop down menu at the top: when I hold my mouse over the word that makes the drop down menu appear and I move the pointer down to select one of the options on the menu, it fades instantly, too quickly to select anything.

Please can anybody shed some light on these issues??? I'm about to rip my hair out :D Thanks!

Re: problem with positioning, light boxes, drop down menus

Hi CaraCarina

I took a look to your page. As nobody else sent any comment yet I will try to help you, even if I am a beginner too.

If you say that the bar was placed at the end of the page, perhaps your page lenght was set too short. Have you tried to set it longer ?

When I was looking for ways to build a light box, I learnt that all images should have the same size for getting good results. Yours have several sizes. Why don't you try to resize your pics to a some standard size? If you use Paint.net you can resize the canvas so all your pics will have the same size, no matter if the proportions of the original pics are not the same. It worked fine for my site, still being built.
    German
    www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Re: problem with positioning, light boxes, drop down menus

If you want to center your page.
      Click Page Properties
      Center Page: Drop Down choose
      Center this page in the browser window vertically.

Comment

Working...
      X