• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Premier Enterprises
    Private First Class

• Mar 2010

putting multiple pages on web site

Please forgive me im sure this has been done before but i could not see it anywhere here or in the video tutorials.
    i am very new to this and i am trying to create a website with multiple pages but for the life of me i can not figure out hot to do this.
    any help greatly appreciated
    thankyou very much
  • ahimsa
    Major General

• Jan 2009

Re: putting multiple pages on web site

....did you watch this one??
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• Premier Enterprises
      Private First Class

• Mar 2010

i had a look at that one, what i need is to have a home page with buttons leading to other pages. but within same web site, is that what i want? i am not overly confident with this program yet, is that how to get pages within the one web site?
      thankyou heaps for help.

Comment

• D'son
        Major General

• Apr 2008

Its not complicated, first you create your first (home) page, save the page as index nothing else! Then create your second page and name it what ever you want; secondpage, contact, what ever (remember to save all your pages with lower case letters and no spaces. Repeat for however many pages you want. TO link the pages you enter http://www.yoursitename.com/the_page_name.html change all the red letters to match your site and page names. Now when you publish they all go to your public_html folder. Thats it as long as your page names match your links it will work.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• Premier Enterprises
          Private First Class

• Mar 2010

ok i give it a try
          thanks heaps

Comment

• Premier Enterprises
            Private First Class

• Mar 2010

one more thing sorry, will this way work when i preview it as im building?
            or will it only work once it is published?
            also will this way open it in the same window or will it open it in a seperate window?
            sorry to be a hassle
            i appreciate your help.

Comment

• D'son
              Major General

• Apr 2008

You can preview each page seperately just as when you publish you do each page separately.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net

Comment

• rhorse62
                Private

• Feb 2010

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                Its not complicated, first you create your first (home) page, save the page as index nothing else! Then create your second page and name it what ever you want; secondpage, contact, what ever (remember to save all your pages with lower case letters and no spaces. Repeat for however many pages you want. TO link the pages you enter http://www.yoursitename.com/the_page_name.html change all the red letters to match your site and page names. Now when you publish they all go to your public_html folder. Thats it as long as your page names match your links it will work.

Obviously confused! I have the same problem. I do not get the concept of creating a second page. I have done this and still I am missing it.
                My computer changes the http:/ to c:/ then the message is cannot locate c:/

Comment

• D'son
                  Major General

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by rhorse62 View Post
                  Obviously confused! I have the same problem. I do not get the concept of creating a second page. I have done this and still I am missing it.
                  You can either open a new blank page or clone your first one and "save as" second page name.
                  My computer changes the http:/ to c:/ then the message is cannot locate c:/
                  Are you talking about your links?
                  Your pages will not actually link until they are published, but you have to set up the links before you publish.

Think of it like this, you want to make a call on your cell phone, you punch in the number but until you press the call button it will do nothing. The pages you link to also have to be published. The format for your links is
                  http://<span style="color:Red">yourd...me.html</span>
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                  X