This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about security

Some customers have told me that my website throws up a security warning.
    Why would this happen? and what can be done about it as I am concerned about losing potential customers.

www.stovedepot.co.uk

Thanks

Re: Question about security

I don't get a warning & I use FF WOT????
    wouldn't worry too much at this point
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

Comment

It is due to the settings on their individual browsers, alerting them that your site has PayPal installed and that the PayPal certificate is present. They have simply not elected to shut off such notifications ....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

If the warning is when they go in the PayPal site, then you probably have used a logo for your PayPal account, that is hosted on your own site (thus not secure)

IF this is what you mean, you can host your logo on one of the many servers that provide SSL secured image hosting for use with PayPal. Example: http://www.sslpic.com/
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It is because he is using the supplied "PayPal - Check It Out" verification script, which shows that the site is indeed using PayPal issued buttons on a "verified" User-site.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I 'm sorry, I am just guessing, as I can't see any warning message in any of my browsers.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the input

Cheers

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                X