X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxes / borders changing colour

i wonder if you can help

- please take a look at www.tastephotography.com/BetaHome.html
    - navigate between a few of the pages (blog and testimonials not currently live)
    - the website has been designed so that each page has a different colour theme (see logo, model image and navigation menus - they are all consistent)

my problem is that in "design" view the borders and boxes are the same colour as the logo, model and navigations yet when "published" they change colour.

Please help as this has compromised my brand ideas.

Steve

Re: boxes / borders changing colour

This is because you are copying and pasting elements from one page to another and then changing its properties. Unbeknown to you the properties are then also being applied to the element you copied in the first place, which is evident when you view the published result.

Only copy and paste elements if you don't intend to alter it. If you need a variation insert a new element and alter that. When published it will have it's own unique url.

To demonstrate this, when I looked at your logo, you had a different url for each colour variant...perfect!

Just a side note

In BV are you building your site from the left edge of the builder? It seems that you arn't because your site doesn't sit right in my browser window.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Just a little addon to what darren has pointed out.
      when you publish all the image are put into your bluevoda/images folder on your pc, now a good idea is to find the images in question from there and open them in photoshop or if you don't have that a good free one is paint.net. recolour the image to the hex# that you want then save as use a different name for each image, and save into a folder you will find later. once done go back into bluevoda and import the images that you have just made. a bit like what you did for your logo images.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks guys this is a tad annoying. I would have thought that when you change an object property it should create a new object as opposed to applying the new property to all similar objects.

As for images being dropped into BlueVoda/Images this is true if it is an image but apparently not if it is a BlueVoda 'shape'.

Looks like I have to build the frames on every page individually even though they are identical apart from colour.

Comment

Copying / pasting is ok, the issue is created when you use the Save As command to create a new page, and then you modify the color etc of the shapes.
          In that case, the objects for ALL pages that are created this way, have the same ID and when you alter in one page and publish, it affects the colors, borders etc in the other pages.

If you want to use the Save As, after you have renamed the ge, CUT the objects that you intend to alter and then PASTE them back using the Paste icon in the toolbar (this maintains the position) after that you can alter them without any issue.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks NavalDesign - Cut and Paste did the trick

Comment

Working...
            X