• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephanusvS
    Sergeant Major

• Dec 2008

What about a .mobi site

Hi,

How would I go about creating and publishing a .mobi site. Can this be done using BlueVoda and on my current hosting account?
    Bless you!
    Stephanus
    Light The Fire Ministries
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: What about a .mobi site

Originally posted by StephanusvS View Post
    How would I go about creating and publishing a .mobi site. Can this be done using BlueVoda and on my current hosting account?
    Yes, it can be done, but the real question is WHY would you want to?

Most devices (including BBerry, Android-based units, all "Smart Phones," and i Phone) now allow nearly all websites a real-time viewabillity, even for Flash, so it is not like you are missing out providing your site to a large market share as it was only 3 years ago ...
    Still most websites are still not particularly "device-friendly" due to the over-reliance on large resolution graphical layouts and visual or dynamic linking, and the minimization of solid textual page content ("pretty" and "clever" but poorly performing) and thus not as easily functionalized (easy to read without gross enlargement, manipulate links or navigate clearly).

You may still wish to consider developing a MOBI based website (or if needful as a more functionalized alternative a simplified, text-heavy version of your current one), and simply installing a DnD script on your current website to re-direct device traffic as discussed in this thread > Create MOBI Webs With Blue Voda

For MOBI sites, remember to keep visuals to a minumum and non-dynamic, links preferrably textual, and the overall page width to approximately 500-600 pixels wide so visibility is not an issue when the page is compressed for the smaller viewing area: there is nothing more annoying than trying to read a website that has been enlarged ridiculously ... rather like sliding a 2 inch square magnifying glass to read a newspaper.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• StephanusvS
      Sergeant Major

• Dec 2008

Re: What about a .mobi site

Thanks Vasili,

After having read your reply, I think I will leave it be. Why go to all the trouble?
      Just a thought and clearly not seriously necessary as my site is uses no flash and already has a lot of text content.

I will just be content with it as it is.
      Bless you!
      Stephanus
      Light The Fire Ministries

Comment

Working...
      X