This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV crashes

I posted this earlier, but it seems to have disappeared from the forum?

I've restored some pages to my computer after a hard-disk crash, using FILE-NEW-FROM INTERNET.

When I attempt to edit those pages, BV crashes. It specifically happens whenever I attempt to delete the 'form' section of a Go Menu. It crashes every time I select a 'form' section on the menu.

Is this a known problem?

Is there a solution, so that I can edit my pages? (I wish to delete the forms).

Thank you.
    Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Re: BV crashes

Your previous post was removed due to unacceptable "tone" per Forum Rules.

I may know more than most (definitely not "all"!), but I know of no "Form" field or selection in any "Menu" or associated with a "GoMenu" at all ... maybe you can provide some specific details, steps, or a screenshot of exactly what you are trying to do when this 'issue' presents? It may be simple mis-operation or improper processing ....

If you are attempting to edit your Contact pages that have a FORM on them originally, these are separate and apart from any Menu system entirely, and like all Menu and navigation elements have lost their "Styles" originally set: only the objects are imported, not the Style, and objects are easily deleted. You will need to re-create your Menus wholly, as well as re-define/configure any Style originally created on the pages to your "new" pages. This process and "inconvenience" issue is well-documented in the Forums.

Typically, if BlueVoda crashes during the normal operation, it is usually due to limited resources (RAM) on your end causing Virtual Memory to become sluggish or non-responsive.

Try closing all other programs in the background, minimizing the number of pages open in the BlueVoda workpanel, cleaning out your browser's Temp Folder to reduce any prevalent app-hang, and possibly even allowing your computer some rest time if it seems to be over-heating.

Also, if using Windows7 be sure to "Whitelist" BlueVoda in your PROGRAMS and to "approve" BlueVoda in any anti-virus utility and firewalls. BlueVoda relies heavily on Temp Pages (especially in PREVIEW), and this usually is restricted until BV is "allowed" to function freely, and may contribute to your system 'crashing' during large processing sessions: "app-hang" may also present in your recently restored system if you have not selected a default browser .... be sure you have properly configured all the additional programs that are integral to BlueVoda functionality.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I do confirm the issue, seems to actually be a bug. I will report and see if this can be solved.

In the mean time, you can try to use the following procedure that seems to work for me:

1. Import the page and save it (without doing anything)
      2. Copy (do NOT use the "Cut" control) all elements EXEPT the form. You can do this easily by Edit -> Select All and then Shift Click on the form to unselect it. Right click anywhere (but not on the form) and select Copy.
      3. Paste all copied elements in the blank page
      4. Switch again to the imported page and at this point COPY only the form. Close the page
      5. Switch to the new page and PASTE the form
      6. Save the page

At this point the form works fine.

If you simply don't want it, you can stop in Step 3.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The 'form' field... is the one that is created when you use BV to create a 'Go Menu'.

You can delete the text box etc, but underlying that is a frame with the word 'form' in it.

If you select that frame, it crashes BV.

If I could even access BV (another issue, reported in another thread) I would be happy to provide more information. But for now, I can't access the program....
        Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Comment

The issue is caused, as I mentioned, because BV tries (it was set so, in Options) to open the last page, which you might have deleted.

After solving this issue, you will be able to follow above instructions to remove the form created by the Go Menu.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

BV Crashes (still)

Thanks for the advice, but it doesn't solve the problem.

2. Copy (do NOT use the "Cut" control) all elements EXEPT the form. You can do this easily by Edit -> Select All and then Shift Click on the form to unselect it. Right click anywhere (but not on the form) and select Copy.
            Shift Click on the form to unselect it - still causes the crash.

Clicking on the form at all, in any way, causes an immediate crash.

This happens on all the pages I downloaded that have Go Forms on them.

I still need a workable solution.
            Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Comment

Cannot open BV (third thread posted- please help)

I've already posted this. Mods/Staff - Please don't delete this - I really need a solution.

I cannot open BV.

It is was set for 'Open Last Document'.

The last document I was working on CAUSES AN INSTANT CRASH UPON OPENING.

Every time I open BV, that document tries to load and causes an instant crash.

The document IS NOT DELETED. It causes a crash.

I would be very grateful if you could advise me on how to access BV, when the document set to auto-open on start-up causes an instant crash.

Again... please don't delete this (as you did with my last request).

I really need to access/modify my website urgently. I cannot do this because of this glitch. Urgent means = legal repercussions.

Please don't just delete this request!! I need a solution, so I can open my BV.
              Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Comment

Re: Cannot open BV (third thread posted- please help)

Ok... no need for a rush answer now :)

I found a solution - I did an uninstal (not a solution in itself) and then manually deleted some of the remaining bluevoda registry files.

It seems that the 'last document' is left on the registry, even after an uninstall/install. And the new install of BV was default to 'open last document'. That is why the problem persisted.

It's a nasty catch-22. Open document that causes crash. BV crashes. BV is default to open the same corrupt document every time.

If 'open last document' is selected... then any corrupt/bugged file that causes a crash will cause the same cycle preventing you from ever re-opening BV (even after an uninstall/reinstall).

You need to do a complete uninstall, including all residual registry entries in order to get rid of the cycle.

Thanks
                Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Comment

Another glitch causing crashes when page opens in BV

I've had numerous problems with BV crashes today. I think I have narrowed it down to one phenomenon...

I apologise if I don't describe this well... but please bear with me;

I open a partially completed page in BV. It works fine. I then cut & paste my navigation bar into that page. It still works fine. I can finish my edit and even upload it.

However, once I close the page, I can no longer reopen it. When I try to reopen it, BV crashes with the message 'BV has encountered an error and had to close etc'.

The only change is the addition of the navigation bar. If I add that, then the page crashes BV.

However, the navigation bar works fine on my other (older) pages. i.e. the ones I am cutting and pasting it from. It is only when I add it to a new page that it causes the crashes once saved and re-opened.

I hope that makes sense.... my apologies if that was not a very technical description.

Basically, any page that I edit and add the new (copied) navigation bar into will crash upon opening.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? It doesn't make sense to me. I don't have much time to write a create a new, identical, navigation bar in every single page of my site...
                  Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Comment

Re: Another glitch causing crashes when page opens in BV

It is because you imported the pages from online HTML, which will not properly copy dynamic functions, navigation, or STYLES --- only objects such as images, shapes, layers, etc.

You need to re-create navigation and Styles from scratch when dealing with re-saved "imported HTML" pages (and not simply copy a Menu, for instance, from one page to the restored page).

Quite simply, you should consider presenting your Menu globally acrosss all pages (if you don't mind publishing your site as PHP) by using the "Single Page Menu BV + PHP" method. This way, your navigation can be updated across all pages with one simple modification of a single page/file, and you can always uninstall/install it with a simple link rather than a complete re-configuration.

MERGING THIS TO PREVIOUS THREAD ALSO

Comment

Hi Vasili, The nav maneu was actually new - I created it this morning. It worked on the first few pages fine (they still open), but on later pages it causes a crash whenever I attempt to re-open them. I had made some changes to the nav menu... including adding some fields. Is it possible that a page crash can be caused by something like the number of drop-down fields exceeding the frame size for the menu??
                      Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Comment

iFrame?? Need to make sure you 'Move to Front' the Menu on the source page and 'Move to Front' the Frame on each page you add it to.

BV+PHP? Regarding Drop-Down's ... I believe they are discussed in the Tutorial. Since using this method actually embeds the PHP as part of the actual page code (which is why the page is required to be published as ".php"), I don't believe this is an issue. I have had no problems before myself, so ....

Comment

I didn't have any problems with v.1 of my site. Now that I'm importing again from html, there seems to be lots of unexpected glitches.

Here's an example: http://www.scubatechphilippines.com/...ec_diving.html

This worked fine when I edited in the nav menu. But it won't re-open in BV now.
                          Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Comment

I see the page fine (online).
                            You are jumping from issue to issue, and it is starting to become unclear as to whether you are referring to pages opening within BlueVoda (or crashing it) or being visible to you online.
                            This is supposed to be a topic-specific thread, not a rolling "Personal Help" type thread, if you know what I mean! Ha!

Quite honestly, all of your "issues" seem to have started once you began using this new (or repaired) computer .... and I personally think much of the dysfunction stems from missing settings and pre-configurations between the various symbiotic programs.

If you cannot see the pages online, try flushing your DNS cache after you properly set a default browser.
                            Also ... you are sure you are publishing to the proper server, yes? (Many have been updated in the last week -- See the NEWS Forum)

One last thing: We've bounced between "Menu" and "GoMenu" and "GoMenu Form" (still personally unclear on the GoMenu FORM, since I've never seen this myself -- hopefully you did not put your Menu in a FORM thinking this is needed or required) and now to trying to populate a "Drop-Down Menu" across all the pages. You do know that if you use the COPY+PASTE Icon method to precisely duplicate a single-configured navigation across all the pages that you must START from the Index page, as each "copied" element inherits Styles from the Index page to subsequently created interior pages, correct?
                            A. Delete the navigation from all your pages, leaving only it on the Index page
                            B. Make sure you have properly configured the links and Styles in this one Menu on the Index page
                            C. "Highlight" (click once on) this Menu and then click on the COPY icon in the Toolbar
                            D. Advance to another open page in BV and click the PASTE Icon in the Toolbar to precisely position the Menu on the page as it is on the original source page (Index).
                            E. Continue to advance thru pages clicking the PASTE Icon to duplicate across your site
                            F. Go back on all pages to double-check your Menu Styles via PROPERTIES (also for your "General" hyperlink styles: FORMAT > STYLE > HYPERLINK STYLES) to be sure each page is properly "duplicated" according to the format established on the Index page.
                            G. Re-publish the pages, again starting with the Index page.

THAT is the simplest way to globally establish a Menu across your site without "interrupting" the formatting which is inherited and progress-dependent.
                            Re-creating a Menu system and/or "copying" it page-to-page out of sequence will prove frustrating every time, especially if you have "duplicated" the Menu on some pages and re-created from scratch on others!

Just trying to step back to see the larger picture .... often the lowly tree stands out when compared to the forest.

Comment

Ok, let me explain what your issues seem to be due to:

When BV imports pages from existing HTML elements, it attempts to convert them from simple HTML elements (text, images etc) to BV elements.

Obviously, in your case, this conversion fails somehow, and some of the elements imported are incomplete / corrupted causing BV to crash each time you try to modify / delete or even simply move these elements.

Unfortunately I can't know what causes this. It might be related to the specific pages you are trying to import or something in your specific computer.

To verify what might be wrong, requires lot of work, because we would need to recreate EXACTLY the online page that causes the issue, with all its elements, and then start imporing it in BV deleting (before importing) one element at a time until the elemnet that causes the issue is found. At that point the issue should be debugged for the specific element.

This might require too many hours of work and, it is NOT certain that this analisis will give any valid results (if it is acomputer specific issue).

I'm sorry but I doubt we will be able to help you.

Please create a new page from scratch, with all the elements you now have in the page that causes the problem, and see how it behaves, then pls post back.

Copying / pasting menus should work fine in any order / from any page / to any page. For whatever type of menu (nav bar, menu bar, text menu etc)

However, Javascript based menus (like the Go menus or dropdown menus) might cause issues with copy paste if the object IDs are not unique.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X