This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change size of screen.

I am working on a page that builds too wide and want to create it for a standard size monitor. I have changed the page width several times with no change in what I build.

I have used the custom sizing, but same issue.

Answer is probably simple but I can't find it.

Any help on how to do this will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

David

Re: How to change size of screen.

I think I was not clear in my problem.

I want to set my page build to be more narrow than it is. I go to width in properties and reset it and it does nothing. I reset the ruler above and nothing there either.

I have spent literally hours trying to figure out the problem and how to correct it but just can't do it.

Thanks again.

Comment

Have you right clicked on a section of page and open Page properties? You can set page width and height in page properties. Once you have clicked on page properties, you can title your page and set all all kinds of things, including page background color(s), center the page and much more
      Dave Van De Cappelle
      www.aSimpleLife.ca
      www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

If I understand your question correctly...

Think of it like this. When you open up BlueVoda, it presents a white workspace for you to build your page upon. That workspace is the background that can be adjusted with the rulers and the properties. Most people then start building their page by adding a rectangle that defines the edges of the page--it's often called the background, but it's really not. Maybe we should call it backdrop. No backdrop or any objects on it can be resized by the rulers or page properties. You have to manually adjust the size and position of every object you create. Yes, that means you have work ahead of you!
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I set the width, move the ruler and nothing changes, everything still goes from the far left to the far right. I do this on both a blank page and an existing page but nothing changes anything.

I am beyond frustrated.

Comment

Post your link so we can look at what you mean.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

OK, below is a screen shot of what I have in BV.

You can see how it turns out when I save an u/l in html. There are no pictures because I'm doing a piggyback onto another side w/o an image file. What I get when I u/l the html can be seen at www.lakesideanimalshelter.com/about.html

As I said, I know about the properties (width) and that does nothing to give me a narrower page.

Thanks for the time.

Comment

It seems you did not create this page from scratch in BlueVoda but imported it as HTML from another source (otherwise the images would "be found"). This is the problem.

Instead of "finding" a format/template of sorts on the Net, try instead to create the page yourself, for then you will in fact be able to change the sizes, shapes, and otherwise customize the Properties fully as normally expected.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  It seems you did not create this page from scratch in BlueVoda but imported it as HTML from another source (otherwise the images would "be found"). This is the problem.

Instead of "finding" a format/template of sorts on the Net, try instead to create the page yourself, for then you will in fact be able to change the sizes, shapes, and otherwise customize the Properties fully as normally expected.
                  BINGO!! Yes. Never thought of/about that but it does seem reasonable.

So are you saying that if I want to create a new page from the git-go, I can use the width/ruler for whatever size I want?

Also, is there any particular "trick" to getting the screen to reduce or fill a larger (wide screen) monitor, or is that a function of the setting in the receiving computer?

Many thanks.

Comment

Just so I understand, am I right that

when I set the screen size as 640/480, on a fresh page, that it will show "best" on a monitor that size? If I set it larger, there will be a bar at the bottom to move the picture to see it all and if the monitor screen is more than 640/480, there will be black bars on either side?

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

You are not understanding the concept: use BlueVoda to create a simple static sized web page within the current recommended parameters of 980 pixels wide maximum, and set ion PAGE PROPERTIES "Center this page in browser horizontally" .... thus, your web page will be optimally sized for universal view by the majority of Visitors despite their particular monitor resolution settings.

You are continually describing an "auto-fit" or "stretch" effect some website scripts implement where the website automatically resizes to fit the entire monitor no matter what the Visitor has set their monitor resolution to display , and this cannot be done using BlueVoda!

Either/Or .... use Blue Voda to create an optimal (980 pixels wide max) and universally viewable web page that is static (unchanging) in size, or purchase a Template or a web builder script that offers the "auto-size" effect you desire so ...... you simply cannot have it both ways!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                      X