• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbronson
    Private First Class

• Jan 2011

BV isnt publishing pages but thinks it is

When i click on the publish button the publish web page box pops up i input my username and password and have the correct IP then i click publish and the upload status bar comes up and it acts like its working and then it says successfully published, however its not showing up in the public_html folder and nothing is updating. The FTP function through BV works though, however, all the files are in .bvp format so this doesnt work to publish pages, any insight is much appreciated
  • freddy971
    Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

Re: BV isnt publishing pages but thinks it is

Are you trying to publish to folder within your public_html folder maybe. If you are trying to do that, make sure the 'Publish Web Page' window that pops up when click publish, that the 'folder' box says 'public_html/' with nothing behind it. You may be publishing all your web page to folder (within a folder) and so on, and not realizing it. This is especially true if you have multiple websites running on your server CP

I have several websites up and running and have posted pages to the wrong folder many times
    Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

• tbronson
      Private First Class

• Jan 2011

The folder box does say public_html with nothing behind it. Also to note i recently changed my password except BV, in order to work, requires the old one. I also went through every folder in the directory and they arent publishing anywhere.

Comment

• Tomissan
        Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

I recently had the same problem as you describe.
        That is to say, I was able to publish although the active site didn't change.
        The problem was VH changing server IP when they upgraded my server and I was publishing to the old server. Check the NEWS Forum to see if your server has been upgraded and to which IP you should be publishing to.
        Thai House Plans
        Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Working...
        X