• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbrutus31
    Private First Class

• Sep 2011

creating a membership site

is there a video tutorial on how to build a membership site with bluevoda website builder.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: creating a membership site

You can build a (simple) membership site with BV. Related tutorial: BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.

For a more complicated / more features memberhip site you will need a member's script. There are many, both free and paid for. Just Google it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• mgb2011
      Private First Class

• Feb 2011

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
      You can build a (simple) membership site with BV. Related tutorial: BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.

For a more complicated / more features memberhip site you will need a member's script. There are many, both free and paid for. Just Google it.
      Your guide is the one I'm using. I have several questions and observations:

1. The sign up page has to be in a non-protected area where customers can sign up in order to be required to login into the protected area. The only problem is that the protected pages and the php database script have to be in the same folder. How do I do this?

2. Do I need to password protect the directory itself in cpanel or will the php database script automatically password protect the directory?

3. What do I do about the .php pages only showing up in FireFox? They will not open in any other browser.

Thanks.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by mgb2011 View Post
        Your guide is the one I'm using. I have several questions and observations:

1. The sign up page has to be in a non-protected area where customers can sign up in order to be required to login into the protected area. The only problem is that the protected pages and the php database script have to be in the same folder. How do I do this?

2. Do I need to password protect the directory itself in cpanel or will the php database script automatically password protect the directory?

3. What do I do about the .php pages only showing up in FireFox? They will not open in any other browser.

Thanks.
        1. It is done simply by publishing your pages and creating your database file in "public_html"
        2. No. The Login script protects the pages, not the entire directory. So you may have "protected" and "unprotected" pages in the same directory. Protecting through cPanel defats the purpose of having a login script.
        3. This is wrong. PHP pages will display fine in all browsers. But, of course, you can NOT test them in Preview, you MUST publish them.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• mgb2011
          Private First Class

• Feb 2011

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          1. It is done simply by publishing your pages and creating your database file in "public_html"
          2. No. The Login script protects the pages, not the entire directory. So you may have "protected" and "unprotected" pages in the same directory. Protecting through cPanel defats the purpose of having a login script.
          3. This is wrong. PHP pages will display fine in all browsers. But, of course, you can NOT test them in Preview, you MUST publish them.
          So if I'm understanding you correctly:

I can have the registration page unprotected while the other pages are all in public_html? Is it possible for me to have those protected pages published in a separate directory while having the php db script in public_html?

I just figured out why the pages were turning up blank! The password protection is working. I am used to seeing a security popup box asking for a username and password but for this script members MUST log in through the Login object? Is there a way to have something else besides a white blank page if someone unauthorized inadvertently goes there?

Thanks so much for all your help. I think it's slowly starting to coagulate together!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You can have the protected pages in a a subfolder and the script in public_html. Please note that the script pages (Login, signup, reset password etc) MUST be in the same folder (whatever that is) as the users database file (usersdb.php). After they have logged in, the protected pages can be in any subfolder you wish.The white page is not normal. You either have forgotten to define the "deny" page or the "Login" page. So the script probably tries to send the non-authorized user to the "Access denied" page. Did you define this page correctly ? Did you create and publish it ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X