This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with sound clips in different browsers

My website has short sound clips in almost all its pages. They are MP3 that you click when you want to listen. It works more or less in Firefox, Safai and IE all versions. The problem is if you use Google Chrome with Win7, it becomes a mess, as soon as you open a page all the clips start to play at the same time all together and when they all finish you canīt listen to them anymore since the play control does not appear. This only happens when using Google Chrome any version with WIN7, it doesnīt happen with WINXP, but nowadays win7 is the most used. How can I solve this?
    Your help is much appreciated
    217.126.165.144 Telefonica Espania
    Non-VH Customer

Re: Problems with sound clips in different browsers

It is simply a matter of User system being enabled to play ... both the browser and resident Players need to be updated with the most current configurations and abilities, and this is something that only the User can do - there is no way to universally prepare all systems to play any media file, other than to provide a link on your pages for the Visitor to follow to an Update site to suggest whatever update they need, or to simply offer them in the most common format possible (as a WAV file).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

..Thanks for your help...sounds complicated.....I had my sound clips in MP3 and made a lot of tests and found out that problem with Chrome was solved when the sound clips are WAV files......I converted them into that format but you know they are about 5 times larger....something that makes each of my pages to take about 45sec to reload......Is there a way to make my pages load faster than that?
      217.126.165.144 Telefonica Espania
      Non-VH Customer

Comment

No. If they were media files (video), converting them to Flash would compress them significantly, but an audio file is best presented as MP, QuickTime, or WAV.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X