• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lean
    Private

• Sep 2014

Using a banner rotator from a single page using BV html box technique

Hi, the banner rotator box has correctly appeared as the top banner of every page (www.leansixsigma.com.au) but does not rotate, now! That is, initially on some pages it did rotate and now none of the pages show rotation.
    Info| all the pages are php, the pic files are jpg (no png's, as instructed in another post) the html box file instruction is:
    <?php
    include'menu_banner.php';
    ?>

not sure if the pic filenames are too long and separated, would this cause the issue? Other than that I cannot figure out what is wrong (as they initial worked on some pages).

Also my header and footer menus work fine using the same method.

Anyone?
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Using a banner rotator from a single page using BV html box technique

Hi, did you copy and paste the banner rotater from page to page? If you did this can cause the issue and you should delete the banner rotaters on each page and add them individually. Also, I notice some of your images are saved with spaces, ie:

GSBP logo only_web small.png

You should save these as:

GSBP_logo_only_web_small.png

And reinsert the images as the spaces can cause the rotater script to freeze up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Lean
      Private

• Sep 2014

Re: Using a banner rotator from a single page using BV html box technique

FOUND THE PROBLEM... but more than you may think...

OK!
      1. I went through the entire website and closed all the pic filenames to create single string filenames. (thanks for that advice)
      2. Had a lot of images placed inside shape boxes but realized this was not necessary so deleted them and pasted images directly in their places with links embedded and alternate text.
      3. This was the ACTUAL main problem: My menu_top html box was layered on top of my menu_banner rotator html box (they overlap when the drop down menu opens) which for some reason has stopped the rotation. Once I placed the menu_banner rotator overlaid on top, it ROTATES!

NEW PROBLEM I like the position of the top banner below the menu_top bar so looks like we have to redesign.

Love BlueVoda. Thanks VodaHost!

If you have a fix for the overlay problem that would mean I do not have to move anything that would be be excellent.

Comment

Working...
      X