• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicole
    Corporal

• Apr 2006

View in different language

Hi i am in the process of creating a website for a hotel in Turkey, i have created it in the English language but wish to also view it in Turkish, is this possible and if so how? After looking at various other websites for hotels i notice they have multi language choices and i need the same.

Thanks

Nicole
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: View in different language

Create, in your index page, a link forTurkish. It could be, f.e. a Turkish flag. Then create a homepage for the Turkish part of the site. In this page put an English Flag, so they can get back on the English homepage. Before going on, please make sure that all necessary for the Turkish language characters, are available in BV
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• nicole
      Corporal

• Apr 2006

Hi thats great! How do i check if the characters are available i need?

Thanks

Nicole

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Special Characters are inserted as symbols in BV. Insert some text in your page, then go in Insert, at the bottom of the dropdown Symbol, and in the popup select the font you want and check accordingly to see if there are the necessary characters.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• christobal
          First Sergeant

• Jun 2005

The Blue Voda editor is designed to run on Windows based machines and the boyz from Richmond support every written language as of "XP" the addition of languages other than Latin based that is cycrillic or simplified Chinese is a simple addon selection from within the OS language bar. The other types stated require additional "dlls" available from the OS setup CD and after choosing them the OS automatically requests the installation source CD to enable them from the next boot.

What is the main issue is not whether your desktop enables you to add text in an alternative format from Latin characters rather, the page encoding instructions you place within the Html code. In BV this feature in enabled by right clicking anywhere on the page layout (white space) and choosing "page properties" In the General tab the last dialog box is Character Set with a default value of ISO-8859-1 or simply Latin1. This value may be changed to any viable character set So as to instruct the web browser to display the correct character symbols.

After saving the page and publishing it, the page contains the html instuctions for the browser to display the required character set. IE 6 by default instructs you to install the required character set if it is not detected. The installation by default is an automatic process.

Am working with non latin character sets and have no problems both editing and displaying the information I want on my sites regardless of language.
          To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research!

Comment

• Mariposa
            Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

I don't know if this helps or not Nicole, you probably already have this, but
            http://www.searchfreefonts.com/search/?q=turkish has turkish fonts.

Cindy
            Cindy

www.countrydesigns.biz
            www.countrydesigns.biz/400.shtml

Comment

Working...
            X