Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about backgrounds

Hi there.

I have added a simple background to my website pages (consisting of horizontal, 1-pixel deep, lines). For some reason, this has made BlueVoda slow down and go kind of jumpy (if you know what I mean), but this does not happen with other backgrounds. Does this mean that the loading time of my website will be very slow when I come to publish my site with this background (after all the background image is only a few pixels in size!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ben Langlois.

Re: Question about backgrounds

Did you make the background a small gif that is then repeated to fill the background or did you make the background one big picture? Post your URL and we'll take a look.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,

The background is a small 1x10 pixel bitmap image. Sorry I can't post a URL as I have not yet published my site. As I am here, I also have another small problem:

When I preview my website with the BlueVoda 'preview' option, there is a pop-up bar at the top of the screen saying, "To protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options...". Will this also appear to my users when I come to publish my site on the internet?

Thanks again for any help.

Comment

Langlois,

No- that bar will not show when you publish. It only happens in preview.

As to the background- I would keep the background as it is and publish and see what happens. How old is the comptuer you are working on? Just a thought, but an old graphics card may cause problems- that is just a guess. Really don't know why it would be jerky on you.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I am working on a brand new computer and so I don't know what could be causing it - i guess it is a mystery. I'll do what you suggested and see if the problem persists when I come to publishing.

Thanks for the help Andy.

Ben Langlois.

Comment

Working...
          X