Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to build a complex form

Hi,

I want to build what I would assume is a form that allows different people around the world to add data to fifty identical pages (each page represents a different country).

Data they enter would be stored in a database for other people to access using a web service. The contents of the database would be copied to the application on a regular basis.

Each country would be password protected so only one or two people could edit it. Changes would not be 'uploaded' until they were proofed.

Data would be entered using forms that would open in a window when one of two buttons are clicked on.

I'm a novice at this sort of thing but would like some help starting off on the right track. So if anyone could advise me where to start that would be great.

With thanks,

Dom

Re: Best way to build a complex form

Yes it is possible. It will take considerable coding knowledge (php/html etc..)

Currently there are a couple members on the forum here that offer scripting services for a reasonable price. Navaldesign and Watdaflip come to mind. You can find them at the following links;
    Navaldesign: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/
    Watdaflip: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ser...g-service.html

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: Best way to build a complex form

To me it is unthinkable to create 50 pages. i would build a template, same for all countries pages, and create a dynamic page.
      All the elements of these pages would be retrieved from the database, so you need a table for storing all the standard elements (titles, messages, the country caracteristics in other words) for all 50 countries, then i would have another table where the user input would be stored.

last, i would have a Go menu or (it's the same) a dropdown selection box with all 50 countries. As soon as a visitor selects a country, he is redirected to the template page. the script retrieves from the database both the fixed elements (titles, country flag, if you use one etc), as well as the content of the page which is stored also in the database using a user form.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X