Clear All
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: uploading file forms

A link to the form please ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jimchicago
      Major

• Aug 2006

It's at http://www.salonhype.com/employment.html

Is it strange (to you) that this page displays in a browser with the .html extension when I have set the extension in Page Properties to .php?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

No it is not strange. You have published it as php BUT you have still left, in your menu, the link as html so the menu is sending you to the old page (html). The new page is there but strangely it will NOT open because you have some error in the code. Errors in the code are (almost) impossible for the standard code of the built in form processor, so i can only suppose that you have included some strange symbol in your mail Subject or email address. Check it.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jimchicago
          Major

• Aug 2006

Instead of trying to hunt down and correct the error in the code that you mention, maybe I should just delete these two pages and start from scratch using BV 10.2's built-in form processor. What do you think?

I bet the error resulted from me creating this form in 10.0C and then trying to migrate it over to 10.2's built-in form processor. Thanks for all your help on this.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

No. ANY form built previously can by edited in BV10.12 and it becomes as originally built with the current version.
            I asume that you have something wrong in the settings. Did you watch the Form Wizard Tutorial ?

Anyway, if you wish send me your form, i will have a look. Use (if you wish) my contact form.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• jimchicago
              Major

• Aug 2006

Good news--I finally have a form that provides info from editboxes and a combobox, AND gives me a link to the file that the user uploaded. I did it by creating a whole new form in the Form Wizard (not that I doubt what you say about the ability to migrate "old" forms into the new form system): It's at http://www.salonhype.com/employment.php.

Just one (minor) problem remains: The e-mails I'm getting from the form show MY e-mail address (the one I listed in the General tab of Form Properties) in both the "From" column of my inbox and in the e-mail header. Shouldn't it be showing the e-mail address that the user entered in the form?

Two other questions:
              1. How do I specify the maximum file size that may be uploaded thru the form?
              2. Does the 'Error URL' that I list in Form Properties have to have a .php extension?

Oh, I also just noticed: My form's combobox allows me to select more than one option (by holding Ctrl while clicking options) but only the last option selected appears in the e-mail I get.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Hi Kim,

1. The email field is NOT named email but E-mail_Address . Rename it.
                2. Please look at the Form wizard tutorial, there are ILLUSTRATED instructions on how to set the filesize.
                3. No, the error page doesn't need to be php. This is ALSO described in the Form Wizard Tutorial.

Save, Publish and Refresh your browser before testing.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• jimchicago
                  Major

• Aug 2006

Thanks, Naval . . . I should have read the text down below the tutorial video. My form is working fine now, although the e-mails I get still don't show more than one item selected in the combobox, even though I have that box set to allow multiple selections (and it appears to take them if you Ctrl-click them).

I also got your friend request. I received another one from someone else a week or two ago. Every time I try to accept these requests, it says I'm not authorized to accept or something like that, even when I'm logged into the forum. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Multiple Choice: add square brackets at the end of the field name. Example "selections[]"

Friendship Request ? hm... I didn't send one (???)
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X