Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms Using ABVFP

Hi,

Bit of advice needed if anyone knows the answer.

I am using the form builder and have no problems whatsoever, except the following.

When a potential customer fills in the form, they are supposed to get an email confirmation etc etc, however, this is not happening.

The only option I can see to initiate this is to click YES on the option during set up using ABVFP. Because that is the only option on this subject, I expected it to recognise the email field within the form and use the address to email the potential customer confirmation.

But, this is not happening. Any suggestions?

Gaz.

Re: Forms Using ABVFP

I don’t know the best way to help you with your problem, but it just so happens, I have one of my own, and since I couldn’t figure out how to post new threads, I’m replying, because at least I can do that here. Well, I’m having a problem with uploading files using ABVFP.

I’m having trouble receiving the email attachments and or the links to the uploaded files. Thus far, here are my settings for the moment.

The form itself has the following.
    Full Name-RA
    Email-Re
    Upload
    Submit

So in other words, there’s an edit box where someone submits their full name, an edit box where the visitor submits their email address, a place to upload a file, and the submit button.

I’ve created my own success page but while I have my own unique URL for the error page, for now anyway, I’m using the one that came with the zip, because I’m having trouble creating one that’s somewhat identical to the BV error page that came with the ABVFP zip file.

Now I will give you the settings for the ABVFP part and then, I’ll give you the Form Settings for the form itself.

ABVFP Settings
    Site Domain: http://www.celrockradio.net
    Form URL: http://www.celrockradio.net/Songs.html
    Form Name: Songform
    Max File Upload Size: 2147483647 Kb
    File Upload Folder: http://www.celrockradio.net/ABVFP/upload
    Email Address: celrockradio******.com
    Success URL: http://www.celrockradio.net/Thankyou.html
    Error URL: http://www.celrockradio.net/Incorrect.php
    I’ve also created my own custom subject for the email message, along with my own header and footer to the body of the message that I receive in my Inbox.
    Do you want an auto response sent to the visitor? Yes
    Include your email address as “Reply” address? Yes
    Again, I’ve created my own subject, display name in the “From” field, and my own header and footer in the body of the message sent to the visitor.
    Save results in a data table? Yes
    Create data table automatically: Yes

Ok, those are my settings for the ABVFP part. Now, for the form itself, here are the other settings.

Form Name: Songform
    Form Action: http://www.celrockradio.net/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php
    File Type or Whatever it’s Called: Multi Part Form Data
    Hidden Field: Formid
    Field Value: 2

This is because the form ID in ABVFP is number 2 for the moment.

Now, finally, I’ve created the following 2 folders in Blue FTP

Within the ABVFP Folder, where I installed the ABVFP stuff, I created a folder called “upload” and the permission is set to 777.

Then, simply in the Public HTML Folder, I created another folder called “Myupload” also with the permission set to 777, so there’s two places, because when I read the instructions, it was unclear as to where to set up the folder, whether it should be in the ABVFP Folder where I installed the ABVFP zip files, or in the Public HTML folder with everything else.

Now, here comes the problem. While I get the email on my end from the visitor’s email address, and while the visitor gets my auto response message, there is no link to the file uploaded to the site appearing in either one of our email messages, and I’m not receiving the uploaded file as an attachment. I’ve been testing this on my own using email accounts I own to see what I can do to set this up, as while right now, this is simply a practice form while I get all of the settings straight, I hope that once I get this resolved, that on my Requests and Dedications Form Page, I can then go into that form and add an upload file field so listeners of my station, Celrock Radio, can upload MP3 files of the song they have requested to hear, and in turn, I’ll then get their song as an email attachment in my Inbox, to then save to my computer and have it to play on my next broadcast.

I’ve been using the practice form I created for myself and have been uploading my own MP3 files to it, using my personal email address to send messages to the radio station’s address, which is of course, the address submitted in the ABVFP form set up wizard. Again, no matter what I do, I’m not receiving the link to the file, nor am I receiving the file as an attachment. And yes, when I’ve filled out everything on the form, obviously, I’m doing it correctly, because I’m being redirected to the Success Page.

I’ve tried any number of things. I have had the folder name be such things as http://www.yoursite.com/ABVFP/uploads, and it’s also been called http://www.celrockradio.net/ABVFP/uploads. I then had it for a little while as http://www.yoursite.com/ABVFP/upload, and now, it is currently http://www.celrockradio.net/ABVFP/upload. I’ve even experimented with not having the data saved in a data table and vise versa, which is how it’s set up right now, the data is being saved in a data table automatically created by ABVFP in the data table in my Control Panel that I named with my CP user name_ABVFP. Still, no link to the uploaded file and still no email attachment with my uploaded file in it. So now, I must ask you, what am I doing wrong? What do you suggest? I need an answer ASAP. Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Celeste, AKA DJ Celrock

Comment

Originally posted by B1uenose View Post
      Hi,

Bit of advice needed if anyone knows the answer.

I am using the form builder and have no problems whatsoever, except the following.

When a potential customer fills in the form, they are supposed to get an email confirmation etc etc, however, this is not happening.

The only option I can see to initiate this is to click YES on the option during set up using ABVFP. Because that is the only option on this subject, I expected it to recognise the email field within the form and use the address to email the potential customer confirmation.

But, this is not happening. Any suggestions?

Gaz.
      ABVFP does recognize the email field of the user, as long as you have named it (according to instructions) "Email-e" (or "Email-Re" since usually this is a required field)
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

celrock:

I uploaded a small image file, and it seems as the procedure was ok. I don't know if you have received the attachment and/or the link to the file.
        Some remarks though:

1. File size: You can't set the file size to 2147483647 Kb !!! thats 2,147 Terrabyte! Actually there is no commercial hard dick of this capacity!
        2. Delete both upload folders!. The manual clearly states that the "uploads" folder will be AUTOCREATED the first time a file is uploaded through the form. It doesn't say anywhere to create it, or set it's permissions to 777.

Furthermore, check IF your server supports uploads of the size you want. Some servers are set to a max file upload of only 2 Mb, in which case the upload fails and of course ABVFP has nothing to process.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well, I tried everything you said, and nothing has been successful. I then took a look at my MP3 files, and it turns out that most MP3 files are something like 1,000 Kb or more. Therefore, I don't think this is going to work, unless of course, there is a way to upgrade the file upload size ammount on the server to something like 200 Mb. However, I can still use ABVFP and in the footer of the auto response email message, I can say something like, "Thank you for your request. If it turns out that I don't have a copy of the song you wish to hear in my Media Library, I will be emailing you personally, asking if you could please send me a copy via an email attachment." So I guess that will work for now, until other more complicated things on the server itself can somehow get updated at some point.

Thank you for your help though, greatly appreciated, and if anything, please take care, and have a nice day.

Best Regards,
          Celeste

Comment

Hm.... MP3's of 1000 Mb ?? Never heard of..

Most MP3s are in the 3 - 8 Mb range!

Anyway, independently from the server, PHP's limitations regarding uploads are 52 Mb. Onlythrough FTP you can upload more than that. And, anyway, even with fast ADSL connections, uploading a 1000 Mb file would mean hours! (usually a 20Mb ADSL uploads at no more than 100 - 120 Kb/sec, so 8 - 10 secs per Mb, consequently 8000 - 10000 secs (2 - 3 hrs) for 1000 MB).
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X