ABVFP Autoresponder sending to me NOT visitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP Autoresponder sending to me NOT visitor

I tested the form from another email account and my ABVFP form is sending the autoresponder message to my inbox and the detail form submission email.

The visitor email address gets no autoresponder message.

What have I done wrong? www.surveywow.com/ask.php

Re: ABVFP Autoresponder sending to me NOT visitor

Please, read the instructions!

It is clearly stated that the email address field MUST be named Email-Re , you have named it "e mail address:" so it is not recognized by ABVFP.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have similar problem.
      I have set up 9 forms using ABVFP and three of them are in English and Six of the including Chinese characters.
      The first three (English) work perfect.
      However, the other six with chinese character have the following problems:
      1) the respond did not send to the visitor instead return to my receiving email
      2) the return and respond do not show character even I post the form using UFT-08
      3) Even I have update the ABVFP Admin. Area "Your email address", the old email address still receive the return email.
      I am not sure is it because of the email problem as in my email account I keep receiving error message.
      Kindly help

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Tse View Post
        I have similar problem.
        I have set up 9 forms using ABVFP and three of them are in English and Six of the including Chinese characters.
        The first three (English) work perfect.
        However, the other six with chinese character have the following problems:
        1) the respond did not send to the visitor instead return to my receiving email
        The visitors email field MUST be named Email. If you have used another name for the field, it is not recognized as the visitor's email. In that case, for deliverability purposes, ABVFP replaces the visitors email with your own, thus you are receiving the autoresponder email.

2) the return and respond do not show character even I post the form using UFT-08
        Not sure what you mean. ABVFP mails however are in ISO 8859-1, not UTF. You can try editing the core script itself (dbts_abvfp.php)

3) Even I have update the ABVFP Admin. Area "Your email address", the old email address still receive the return email.
        ABVFP stores each form settings in the database, and retrieves them EACH time it process a form. So if you have correctly updated the form settings, this is impossible. Probably you have updated another form and not the correct one.

Please note that ABVFP Database (if you have enabled Database storing) creates a latin1_swedish collated table, so it will not work correctly with field names that are in cinese.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X