Form that sends information to my computer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Lind
    Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Form that sends information to my computer...

I want to create a form that, once filled out, will automatically send the filled-out information to my computer so that I can work with it in Excel or Access. The form in question can be viewed at: http://www.driftlessorganics.com/csasignup2.html

So, can I do this w/o paying any extra money?

THANKS!!
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Form that sends information to my computer...

You can, using the built in form processor, store the data in a CSV file on the server, which you can download whenever you want.

Or, Use ABVFP and set it to store the data in the DB, then export it from the DB in CSV format to use in Excel.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Mike Lind
      Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Thanks for the reply - now could you direct me to where I can learn how to store data in a CSV file on the server?

Thanks!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

There is a "Write data in csv file" checkbox in the form properties dialog box of the built in form processor (BV11.4).
        Check it and type the file name.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Mike Lind
          Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2006

I appreciate the reply and I am sorry to be such a dolt with all of this but:

I need to learn the entire process from getting submitted information from my form (www.driftlessorganics.com/csasignup2.html) to a database on my control panel. Is there a specific tutorial that teaches this?

Thanks again.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Do you want a CSV or a Database storage ??

If DB your ONLY alternative currently is to process your form with ABVFP which can store the data automatically once you have installed it. Or, write your own custom code to acheive this.
            Related thread: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2
            Navaldesign

Comment

• Mike Lind
              Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2006

I'm not sure what I want (database vs csv) - I just would like to access the submitted information, export it into excel and work with it. We have about 600 submissions a year and are currently hand entering the information we've been mailed. I would love to bypass this step.

Thanks again - your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

A CSV file can be directly accessed and downloaded (opened) in Excel. Of course, it will contain ALL the submissions.

A DB storage allows you in a somewhat more complicated way to export the data from the DB in a CSV file, through phpMyAdmin (in your cpanel). If, however, in the future you need to work with this data directly on the server (through a DB interface) it will be very easy.

Your choice, as you understand.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• Mike Lind
                  Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Great! Understood. Now, to learn HOW to create a form that puts information from a submitted form into a database.... Is there a tutorial for this?

Thanks!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please read the ABVFP thread, download it and read the manual.

PHP / MySQL tutorials are out of the scope of this forum, but the ABVFP manual contains all the necessary info.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X