Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embedding a form on an existing webpage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding a form on an existing webpage?

Hello

My URL is www.benefitplace.biz. I would like to, if possible, to created a small form on my home page for people to: opt-in, add their email address,
    and click send. If this is possible, do I save the whole home page as php? Do I still create a success and error page?

Thanks (If this was answered in a previous thread, I cannot find the question or the answer)

Phil
    www.BenefitPlace.biz

Re: Embedding a form on an existing webpage?

only page with Form need to be published in php.
    you can create success page,
    error page not needed if you validate the fields to make them required before Submit.

Comment

Thanks, But ...?

I will publish the home page, that includes the form, to php! Is a "success" page required? I'd prefer that the party submitting their email not be directed from the home page that includes the form?

Thanks again!

Phil
      www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

in that case, then no need to create and direct to success page.
        Just click Send and done.

Comment

Usually best to confirm that the message has been or not been successfully. You can just put a link on the success page back to the home page.
          Remember to also delete the html version of your home page on the server as the SE's will find this 1st & not your new index.php page.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

It is MANDATORY that you set a page as "success" page. If you don't want it to be a separate page, you can always set "index.php" as "success" page, so users are redirected to the same page after form submission.

However, as Chris said, it would be nice that your visitor sees a confirmation page, to make sure his submissioan has actually taken place.

A solution that suits both needs:

Create a success page with a message like "Thank you for signing up. You will e recieving out newsletter soon. You are now being redirected back to our homepage" etc.

Then set in that page a redirect in the success page that will redirect the user back to the home page after, say, 5 or 10 seconds.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks - Now...

How do I set a "redirect" in the success page?

Phil
              www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

Go to page properties on the success page
                Choose the tab Misc
                Redirect to internal page
                provide the correct URL
                Set the redirect delay:5-10 sec
                press OK
                and republish
                That's it

Comment

Originally posted by Eides View Post
                  Thanks, But ...?

I will publish the home page, that includes the form, to php! Is a "success" page required? I'd prefer that the party submitting their email not be directed from the home page that includes the form?

Thanks again!

Phil
                  Here another way of doing using an I Frame http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ther-page.html

Yes I've suggested you can use this idea on multiple pages, but it can be just your home page if you wish.

If you test my contact page http://www.dcwebsolutions.co.uk/contact_us.php the success page is returned in the IFrame
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                  X