This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add-On Folder and Pages?

i have one website that publishes fine...but i now have a second domain that i transferred to blue voda and pointed the nameservers and all seems ok until i try to publish and i get the same error message cannot connect to FTP as incorrect password..

i am confused....do i name the home page of my second domain index as when i try to do that it brings me to my first website?

when i create new pages for my second website can i put them in some different folder than the bluevoda folder which seems too small/complicated to have folders from several websites there?

help appreciated....my first website is bangkokomni.com....my second is cruisesellers.com.....

Re: second website

Originally posted by Hnldock View Post
    i now have a second domain that i transferred to blue voda and pointed the nameservers and all seems ok until i try to publish and i get the same error message cannot connect to FTP as incorrect password
    i am confused....do i name the home page of my second domain index as when i try to do that it brings me to my first website?
    when i create new pages for my second website can i put them in some different folder than the bluevoda folder which seems too small/complicated to have folders from several websites there?
    help appreciated....my first website is bangkokomni.com....my second is cruisesellers.com.....
    1. You must publish all pages created using Blue Voda by using the publish command or by clicking on the publish icon from within Blue Voda only .... you do not (and cannot) publish via FTP.
    2. IF your Password that was given to you in your Welcome letter is not allowing you to publish to either site using the Publish command or icon from within Blue Voda (which also requires a valid User Name and for you to select the proper VodaHost server IP), then Submit a Support Ticket to request your Password be reset.
    3. The first page of any website needs to be saved, titled, and published as index. To prevent over-writing the index page to your other site, when in Blue Voda you will click FILE > SAVE AS and then choose 'New Folder' > name New Folder "Cruise Sellers" and then SAVE your index page to that folder. Once it has been properly saved, it can be published: you can only publish a saved page, and you can only publish the page using the Publish commands from within Blue Voda.
    4. To properly Publish your website (once you have the valid User Name, Password, and have selected the proper VodaHost server IP your account was assigned to), you will click the Publish function from within Blue Voda and the Publish Dialog Box will appear. Verify you select the right IP from the drop-down list at top (and if yours is not there, you will have to download a newer copy of Blue Voda over your installation to populate the IP list with all the new numbers), enter the valid User Name and Password, and you will enter the new add-on domain to be published as such: public_html/cruisesellers.com

Provided you first created the Add-On to your account, that is.
    Here's a good post with more details if you have no idea of what I am talking about > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/350726-post2.html
    BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Comment

Re: Publishing Website

thanks but still don't get it...when i click edit in blue voda there is no choice called save as??

Comment

Try FILE > SAVE AS
        This is one of the most basic functions in Blue Voda that you say you are already familiar with, having published a site already. It is very surprising you could not "forgive" the simple error and figure it out yourself .... just in case you need a "refresher" >
        How to name (and Save) your BlueVoda web pages

Don't forget this part either:
        Provided you first created the Add-On to your account, that is.
        Here's a good post with more details if you have no idea of what I am talking about > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/350726-post2.html

BLUE VODA TUTORIAL LIBRARY
        Complete A-Z video tutorials covering all aspects of building and publishing a website with the BlueVoda website builder.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

ok so i click file (not edit as was told) and get save page as (not save as)...i click that and i name file and i am right back in the blue voda area where i have my other website pages.....there it says save in ?..blue voda or new document or where??..there is no choice as described above to save in new folder?

i am sure it is simple to you but since i appear to be kinda dense can you please give me specific step by step instructions?

thank you for your help

Comment

You only get this kind of "special visual help" once (my new Rule) ... this Community prides itself on being a "Can-Do" group of folks who appreciate the reward of their own efforts.

CLICK HERE
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X