Publish/upload to wrong website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publish/upload to wrong website

I have two different websites at VodaHost built with BlueVoda and when I try to publish/upload changes to the website to which I want to make changes to a particular page, that upload publishes to my other website to which I do not want to make those changes.

I go to BlueVoda, which takes me to choice of opening a new page or an existing page. I select to open an existing page, which takes me to a list of about six files that includes a file name for each of my two BlueVoda/VodaHostg files. I select the file name for the website to which I want to make changes to one of the pages. It opens properly, I make the changes, and then I publish that page (with the reply message that it published successfully), however, it publishes/uploads/changes to the much different page content (but with the same basic page name [pasa.bvp] to my other website? What am I doing wrong? How can I direct/publish/upload my page chagnes to the desired one of my two websites?

Please note that I am careful to be working "within" the proper/desired website (which I select as staed in paragraph above) to which I want to publish the page changes but yet the changes publish in the other website (in this case, the improper/undesired website) of mine. If relevant, for both websites, am I am using the ssame "Publish Web Page" settings:
    Server IP: (same)
    Username: (same)
    Password: (same)
    Folder: (same setting selected: public_html)
    Files: (same setting selected: Publish all files)

Re: Publish/upload to wrong website

If you have set the "Folder" to be the same for both websites, it is obvious that you are overwriting each time the same files!

The main website related with the account MUST be published in "public_html"

The second website, which is an Addon, must be published to "public_html/seconddomain.com"

where "seconddomain.com" must be replaced by the actual name of the seconf domain.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Publish/upload to wrong website

navaldesign -- Wow, thank you immensely, your reply message makes me smile.

First, I thank you, thank you immensely, for having replied so quickly and so explicitly. The last time we communicated through this VodaHost forum was a couple years ago regarding the contact me form, and you were extremely helpful then...and, now, again, a couple years later, you are still as helpful, both for content including explicit directions and quickness.

Second, what you have advised below worked/works perfectly (and will forever be in my mind). As you sent your information and I tried it, it dawned on me (stupid me for not remembering), yes, I had actually done this initially when I created my two websites about five years ago.

Again, thank you "navaldesign," I appreciate greatly your kindness and thoughtfulness, as well as, stated above, your quickness and expertise.

Gordon

Comment

Working...
      X