• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HumBird
    First Sergeant

• Nov 2005

can't locate file

this is crazy. I have a sub-domain www.strawbalehomeforsale.com under my main domain humnew.com. There is a page I need to edit ASAP that shows up in the browser as http://www.strawbalehomeforsale.com/. You would think that's the index page but that's http://www.strawbalehomeforsale.com/index.html. I can't find strawbalehomeforsale in my files to do the editing. Where do I look? What did I do/ not do to have this happen?
    HumBird
    www.Humnew.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: can't locate file

The link to your "Index" page is always defaulted as simply your Domain Name www.strawbalehomeforsale.com and never needs to have the "index" as part of the address ..... the nature of websites will always auto-default to the "index" page. That is why you never include it when creating links to the index page ... it is simply www.strawbalehomeforsale.com !!

With only a single "index" page, each other page in your website must also have a tilte, without fail (for simple distinct differentiation). You most likely did not save it with a proper Title, and therefore is probably being overwritten by the Index.

Might be a good idea to review once again the Tutorials on Proper Page Creation and Publishing.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• HumBird
      First Sergeant

• Nov 2005

thanks for your quick reply and for patience with this. I watched the naming pages tutorial again. When I look in the BlueFTP public files or the cpanel file manager I see only one file named "index" which opens http://www.strawbalehomeforsale.com/index.html

If www.strawbalehomeforsale.com
      is my true index page, designated as such when I built the site, wouldn't it also show up as a file named index since this is the page that opens with this link?

My problem is I can't find this page to edit. It's for our home for sale and has an extra zero on the price- Yikes!
      HumBird
      www.Humnew.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Since you can only Publish a page in BlueVoda that has Saved, simply re-open the page file from the folder in which you saved it ... if you can't find it in your BlueVoda, then you obviously did not save it to begin with, and may not have published as you thought.

Upon finding it, re-open it and re-save it with a proper page Title, and then publish it to properly resolve in your account.

* This assumes you are Publishing your BlueVoda pages properly, using only the Command or Icon from within BlueVoda itself.

Comment

• HumBird
          First Sergeant

• Nov 2005

You are a good sport to stick with me on this. I have been using BV for over 5 years and this has me stumped.
          The page was published using only the Command or Icon from within BlueVoda itself.
          It is all over the internetas a link to this site. I have spent the entire day looking in every folder I have in my BV program and I cannot find this page to edit it or even delete it! when opened in a browser the file name appears as http://www.strawbalehomeforsale.com/
          I hoped there was some way to look at this from your end to help me find this file. My cpanel login is omksbucm passwrd: earnmiles
          HumBird
          www.Humnew.com

Comment

• HumBird
            First Sergeant

• Nov 2005

Have you been a secret good guy? this morning when I went to the site it opened on the page I had named index instead of the mystery lost page. I changed the link into the site and all is good.
            Don't know what happened but I'm thrilled to have this solved!!!
            HumBird
            www.Humnew.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by HumBird View Post
              I changed the link into the site and all is good.
              Don't know what happened but I'm thrilled to have this solved!!!

Comment

Working...
              X