No announcement yet.

Please point me in the right direction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please point me in the right direction.

I am trying to set up a website to sell books. I would like to display a thumbnail of each book with Title, Author, Short description, Price, More info, and Add to cart displayed under each thumbnail. There would be possibly 4 rows of 3 thumbnails on each page. I would attach a information page about the book to the 'more info' hyperlink. I think that I would be removing sold book thumbs and adding new ones constantly, plus updating the info under each thumbnail and hyperlinked information page - but I am having trouble working out the best way to do it. I have been playing around with lightbox and gallery, also add image, and add text, and can see labour intensive ways of putting in each element individually - but I think there must be better ways of approaching the task so that updating the site is not unecasarilly difficult. If anyone could suggest the best road to go down for this it would be great..

my url is www.secondhandbookshed.com - nothing is up there yet.

Re: Please point me in the right direction.

Hi, BV is more than likely a bit more flexible on the design side. But for stock control & shopping, it maybe worth a look at one of the carts like Soho or some that are in your control panel under fantastico. They are all freebies.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the tip - I will check the carts out.

Comment

A book website is a good idea. I will visit your site when it is up and running.
        Good Luck

Comment

Hi,
          My thoughts.

I would ask you to check out Fantastico pro in your cPanel and check out all the php & My Sql based open source [free] software available.

I would also ask you to look at Zen Cart which will also attend to your selling needs.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you everyone for these suggestions, I will check them out.

Comment

Working...
            X