Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery images to sell

Hi

I am a photographer and would like to sell images. I know I can add images into a gallery using Lightbox but I want to be able to sell images on different sizes and price. I am not a techie person but could somebody help me please.

ID 26824

Re: Gallery images to sell

The problem with selling images/photos on the web

is that it is so dificult to protect what you are trying to sell.....

There are so many different ways of just downloading, copying, stealing, and ripping off your photos without paying for them.

If you intend to do this, I would strongly advise you to explore/invest in some sort of image marking program.

There are many free/trial gallery programs that you could also try......

Explore a little before you decide which way to go.

Good luck with your project, and please come back if you have any more questions.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you suggest a software or what should I get?

Comment

I have only just returned to these forums after a long absence, so I need to get up to date myself.

You could use google to search for and explore gallery programs and marking programs............and I am sure that some of the other members here will chip in with some help.

You may also find other photographic websites to give you some ideas....
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Yes I will help you if you share 10% your winings...

Comment

You should try to buy the program "How To Buy And Sell On Ebay" and if your afraid of someone stealing your stuff try putting copyright on all your photos...

Comment

Hi, there are some good ones out there that will save a lot of time, but unfortunately not free. Jalbum has some skins that work well. LINK TO 1 OF THE SKINS
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Zimba,

Follow this link..................______________HERE
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi ... seems you have been given lots of gallery choices but not sure if you were wondering about how to actually sell your images or not. So I'll talk about that ..

For instance, let's say you choose to use the lightbox ..

Once you place a copyright symbol gracefully over your work so that the original image cannot be used or copied, you can add the images to the lightbox. As you add your images you can also add the text that identifies the image and you can add the price. (All right within the lightbox itself) ..

You could then use paypal to sell your images. Open an account with paypal and for each image you wish to sell create an add to cart button, this will be code that is given to you from paypal that you will place on your page into a html box (insert, advanced, html) ..

You will need to fool around and properly place this code by each image you inserted via the lightbox .. it takes a bit of doing but with proper spacing your paypal add to cart buttons will be beside each image you wish to sell.

Unfortunately, with paypal, you cannot have more than one price per item .. so what you can do is either create a button for each size image you are selling as well, you can see an example here,
                  (Images are just applied on the page though, the lightbox is not used)

For a thumbnail image and then a larger image to open use the gallery tool instead. You can then apply the image name and price and sizes available as regular text just below the thumbnail.

Or you could instead, create a price list for your images. If you do this, then instead of applying the paypal code beside the image in the buy now button, use the code on the price list page. On your image page you can place a link to your price list and ordering page ...

A few options for you there ... those options without costing you any money to purchase a cart and using paypal as your merchant, which is also free, other than the fees (3%) they charge on each transaction. If you don't sell any, you don't pay, if you do, well then you won't mind the charges ...

Good Luck

P.S. If you do choose paypal, while you are creating the individual coding for each item, you will also see code created for VIEW CART .. grab that code as well and apply it here and there on your pages (you only need the one code for this, this can be copied everywhere) ... and remember too, that you can do all of this directly inside blue voda, even paypal, however, I prefer to go directly to paypal .. your best options are there.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Lady, the one in my link is not just an album, but a great cart as well.
                    Do Like the site in your link. But please! don't use images of my weekend pad on your front page. Had enough problems getting the old girl out that was living there.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                      Hi Lady, the one in my link is not just an album, but a great cart as well.
                      Do Like the site in your link. But please! don't use images of my weekend pad on your front page. Had enough problems getting the old girl out that was living there.

LOL .. well if that's your weekend pad, I wanna be a frog .. and leap on over .. lol ...

Chris .. that is beautiful, do EYE ever like it, I didn't know about the cart .. jalbum just got better .. and I have just the project for that .. woo hoo!!

Thank you SirKnowsAlot ...as you were in the beginning, you continue to be my image guru!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                      X