Pictures Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures Missing

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place Sorry!

I have just revamped the whole of my website and now quite a few of my pictures will not show up on the website, can someone please help me and tell me where I am going wrong. The pictures show on my BV pages but not on the website. When I have looked at the properties of these pictures it says that there is no protacol. I have tried deleting and re-installing them but without any success, also does it make a difference if these pictures are read only files. Many thanks

Re: Pictures Missing

Originally posted by Farreh View Post
    Sorry I posted this in the wrong place Sorry!

I have just revamped the whole of my website and now quite a few of my pictures will not show up on the website, can someone please help me and tell me where I am going wrong. The pictures show on my BV pages but not on the website. When I have looked at the properties of these pictures it says that there is no protacol. I have tried deleting and re-installing them but without any success, also does it make a difference if these pictures are read only files. Many thanks

Be sure your images have the file extension .jpg .gif or .png ...

also... check the names of your images, resave by a new name (smaller, without spaces) reinsert and republish your page ... you should then be okay

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks LadyEye

I'll check all my pictures again.

Kind Regards

Farreh

Comment

Hi me again.
        Still having trouble with my pictures, I've tried everything you told me, checked to make sure they all have the correct format and that they are a JPG. They are showing in the correct folder on my FPT but don't show on the website, have you anymore suggestions that I can try.
        Very frustrating!!!!!!
        Farreh

Comment

After using BV successfully--no problems--for months, this very thing happened to me. The image appeared on my BV page properly, but wouldn't show in IE, either preview or publish. The solution for me was to right click the image in BV, choose "Image Tools" and "Resample." That's all it took for me.
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Farreh,

Can you please post the Url to your website so we can check it out?
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Farreh,

to your question; "does it make a difference if these pictures are read only files"

Read only file cannot be used directly. They need to be saved to your disk first and the properties "Read Only unchecked".
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Tom

Thanks for the tip, followed your instructions and "by george" it has worked, not sure how but let's hope fingers crossed I'll have no further probs. Must go lots of catching up to do!!!!!

Thanks again

Farreh

Comment

Great!
                  CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                  CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                  CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I am having the opposite problem! I had my computer formatted but saved all my blue voda stuff externally beforehand. When I got the computer back, and put all my blue voda stuff back onto the computer I can see all the text but not the actual images. When I hover the mouse over where the photos are meant to be it shows there is an image there (I can see the image's name) but I can't actually see it. This is in the pages that I am using a light box. On the other pages where I just have the images on the page (such as the "pricing" page) there is a white box which says "image not found" but again when I right click on it, it gives the details of the photo!

The web pages are still showing the photos etc but it's a bit hard to update and modify if I can't see them on my pages!! I'm presuming it has something to do with when I had the computer formatted?

Any ideas?? The site is stevebillsphotography.com.au

Comment

In order to see your images in BV the path to the images must be EXACTLY the same as they were on the old computer.
                      The images will show on the web because the images are on your server from when they were originally published.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi
                      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

Working...
                      X