• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AliB
    Corporal

• Sep 2009

Image size

Firstly, what size should my images be for a speedy upload?

Secondly, I have tried to download the Pix resizer and I keep getting a message that the file is corrupt?
    Alison
    http://www.where-to-stay-southafrica.com

sigpic
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: Image size

Goto the Voda Support download page and download "freedownloadmanager" or if you are using Firefox download and install
    the Firefox add-on "Downloadthemall" and install.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• pink_eeyore
      First Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

After you re-size and upload your images check the page weight tool located in the navigation bar under *tools*. It will calculate your page weight in KB. The lower the number the better. A 461 KB page takes about 1.07 minutes to load at 56Kbps (that's dial up speed) or 00.00 at 10MBps (DSL speed) which means nearly instantaneous. A rule of thumb I keep is not have a page larger than 500kb unless you feel your visitors won't mind waiting once they are locked in... For me, that is the testimonial page (it's too heavy with images 2000kb+ [and it take a while to open on IE] but my clients want me to put as many images of your dogs and visitor compliment it - no complaints yet;) ). This is my personal choice and others here will probably disagree with me but I get to be the *decider* for my business;)

However, your important pages, home page especially, keep it simple, *thin* and fast!

Good luck!
      Mr. Big Paw
      Somewhere in the CO mountains
      Big Paw Services

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Keep it small in kb's & as fewer items as possible, otherwise the page will look like its being loaded with a slow motion machine gun for each image. You should be able to get pages down to the 150kb mark in total with no problems. 50kb is max for a single image,& preferably a lot, lot smaller. If you want larger images? link to them as a pop up.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X