• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metroweb
    Special Status

• Mar 2009

photos didnt transfer over

ok, i have 4 web sites i use blue voda to build, i just moved and transfered all data and pics and files to my new lap top computer, when i open the bv icon and open a page i have already done everything is there but my pics, please tell me i dont have to reload every picture on all my web sites? am i missing a step? why did the pics not transfer and upload, i have not re pulished yet from my new lap top cuz if i do all my web sites will not be complete, i hope i dont have to pretty much "re-do all the pages on all my sites, i hope someone has an answer to this, i really hope so. thanks. hope this was not to confusing to understand.
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: photos didnt transfer over

What is your old OS and what is your laptop OS.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• DarrenC
      Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: photos didnt transfer over

Originally posted by metroweb View Post
      ok, i have 4 web sites i use blue voda to build, i just moved and transfered all data and pics and files to my new lap top computer, when i open the bv icon and open a page i have already done everything is there but my pics, please tell me i dont have to reload every picture on all my web sites? am i missing a step? why did the pics not transfer and upload, i have not re pulished yet from my new lap top cuz if i do all my web sites will not be complete, i hope i dont have to pretty much "re-do all the pages on all my sites, i hope someone has an answer to this, i really hope so. thanks. hope this was not to confusing to understand.
      The path to the image source has changed and thats why BV arn't showing them.

You can either

1) Try and re-establish the path. If you look at the image properties file name. Looks something like this C:\Users\My Name\Documents\BlueVoda\Images\image1.jpg. So 'image1.jpg' is in my 'Images' folder which is in my 'Bluevoda' folder, which is in my 'Documents' folder and so on and so on. So get this right and everything should reappear.

2) Go through your pages, double click the 'missing' images and reinsert them from their new location.

3) Do nothing and work around them. You've already published these images haven't you, so they aint gonna disappear off your website.

Just so you know my rugby site in my signature has about 200 pages and I had to change my PC and there was no way I was gonna 2) couldn't be bothered to do 1) so I did 3) and works absolutely fine.

All the best
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
      X