PixelPainter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PixelPainter

This is my first website experience. It has been my desire for some time now to create my own website, one that I can manage. I paid a lot of money for a pro to do my original web site and found it very ineffective.

My desire is to have a means of sharing my photos and paintings. Hopefully it will bring some income from sales and from commissions for my pixel paintings and photographs. I have had two shows in my home and need to expand.

Just a bit about me. I am a retired special art teacher. I have been retired for 17 years but have yet to slow down. It is taking me quite awhile to get my web site built and I have just begun. (Too many irons in the fire.)
    www.dabsoflight.com

For fine pixel art and photos
    pixelpainter@verizon.net

Re: PixelPainter

Originally posted by PixelPainter
    This is my first website experience. It has been my desire for some time now to create my own website, one that I can manage. I paid a lot of money for a pro to do my original web site and found it very ineffective.

My desire is to have a means of sharing my photos and paintings. Hopefully it will bring some income from sales and from commissions for my pixel paintings and photographs. I have had two shows in my home and need to expand.

Just a bit about me. I am a retired special art teacher. I have been retired for 17 years but have yet to slow down. It is taking me quite awhile to get my web site built and I have just begun. (Too many irons in the fire.)
    Welcome to Vodaland, PixelPainter! I must say that I am intrigued by your work, I can't wait to see your website! It's a great place you have found here, great people who are always willing to offer guidance and support when needed. You will have a blast building your site - it's great fun and BlueVoda makes it so easy. Good luck and enjoy!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ThankYou Amanda. My yet to be published website is DabsofLight.com. Just finding my way around VodaHost is a bit overwhelming.

However I would like to know how to prepare my photos for presentation on my web pages. Should I reduce them to 640 x 480 dpi or is it advisable to go smaller?

If I am asking the wrong person can you direct me to someone who can help?
      www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Originally posted by PixelPainter
        ThankYou Amanda. My yet to be published website is DabsofLight.com. Just finding my way around VodaHost is a bit overwhelming.

However I would like to know how to prepare my photos for presentation on my web pages. Should I reduce them to 640 x 480 dpi or is it advisable to go smaller?

If I am asking the wrong person can you direct me to someone who can help?
        I'd say that sounds okay - you want people to be able to see your work. If you use the gallery feature you can show them as smaller pictures on the page and then when visitors click on the pic - they are shown the full size in a seperate window. If you go to the help centre there is an excellent program available, free of charge, to download. It's called PixResizer. It resizes without harming the quality.

As you're new and probably don't realise, please note, for future reference, if you have questions about BlueVoda or site building please ask them in the appropriate forum. There is absolutely no 'shop' or technical talk allowed in the Voda Lounge - it's for chit chat and fun only.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, I’m not sure how many images you have to show, but may be worth using an album to show your images as it takes a lot of work out of presenting images. The two below are free.
          http://www.jalbum.net/

http://www.stegmann.dk/mikkel/porta/demo/mies/

With the one below, you can build it into your own pages very easily. But cost about $30.00 its only a test one I did for another member.

http://www.collectors-info.com/test.html there is a site link on the bottom of the album.

Only a thought.

Chris.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Welcome! You are at the right place to get that site up and going!

Comment

Welceom, we hope we can see your work soon.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank you all for your help. I guess my main problem right now is how to find the proper support site. My brain seems to have slowed a bit as I approach my 76th year on planet Earth. But I love this stuff once I get it going.
                Years ago I designed a program to teach graphics on the Amiga using a program called, "Scala" that closely mimics a web site but before there was such a thing. I see many similarities but that can also be confusing. I appreciate the work that has gone into Blue Voda and am determined to learn it well.
                www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Hi Pixel

Welcome aboard ...well I guess you must have a few things you can teach us all to eh? :o)..i'm looking forward to seeing your website when its done ...
                  Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                  http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Thank you all for the support. My time is so divided these last number of days thet I have not had time to really dive in to this exciting web building experience. I just finished shooting a casual wedding outdoors and am in the process of making up disks for the Wedding couple and their respective parents. After that I hope to get down to business. I did download the pix (program) . . . I forgot the correct name, but It seems to be okay. Haven't had time to really put it to the test.
                    www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Hi there and welcome......there are some nice albums to use if you read, in one of the threads, I forget the name of them....probably good to use if you have alot of pics.

Have a good one!

Comment

Oooopss guess I should read too, guess you don't have to go far........hee hee

Comment

LOL

Best Advice is simply to
                          1. Have Fun
                          2. Learn As Much as You Can Handle
                          3. Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan
                          and
                          4. Post in The Right Forum (easier to get specific answers without undue delay) LOLOL

Looking forward to working with you!
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                          X