Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media Player Question

Hi,

I am about to sign up for a hosting account, I already have a domain name on another site and I have to wait another few weeks before I can transfer to BV, meanwhile I'm using the fantastic BV website builder and have a question about windows media player...

My site is a video editing service and I am putting sample videos on a page for customers to view and choose a style from...I have had no problem applying the video player to my page but my question is this...when I upload the page live, will my video files upload as well? I usually embed video on another site via URL link, but I don't want anyone to download these videos, once uploaded via BV is there any way of keeping them from being downloaded by anyone else?

This site is great, I am really impressed how easy everything is to use and the forums are wonderfully arranged. Thank you guys!

Thanks in advance,

Deb
    "What?!... I'm msndrstood."

Re: Windows Media Player Question

Deb,

If its on the internet it can be stolen. Thats a fact. Even if you put it on another url, its in my temp files and i can run those temp files in any number of applications and save files.. if i choose to.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

Thanks for responding. I understand the risks of Internet commerce, for the tech savvy yes, I know anyone can steal anything online if they are so inclined. My question wasn't regarding security via BV but more so if anyone had any suggestions on how to apply a masking layer or something similar to the WMP application in BV.

The other part of the question dealt with uploading the video files to WMP... I have the files linked in the BV web builder, when I upload those files, do I still have to upload the video files separately or will they all upload at the same time the website is uploaded to your hosting servers? I hope this clarifies the questions.

Thanks for the help.

Deb
      "What?!... I'm msndrstood."

Comment

I know I have to post a new thread... how do I do that?

Comment

Working...
        X